Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2009 13:00

Mozilla Firefox, IE Tab, IE Spell checker, crashes Mozilla Firefox when I use the spell checker here in Dell Forums

I have

Studio 1737(17) Vista 32-bit all current Java software, etc.

I use Mozilla Firefox for almost all of my browsing. On websites where I need it, like here, I use the IE Tab to use Dell Forums. If I use the spell checker, it first prompted me to download and install it. I installed it with no problems. I  have tried the spellchecker with Internet Explorer and it works. If I try using the spell checker with the IE Tab, it crashes Mozilla Firefox. This did NOT happen on my Inspiron B130 with XP Home SP3 on it. Was wondering if there might be a trick with Vista or something else I can try. I tried downloading Spellbound, but it does not work when you use the IE Tab function, so I'm back at square one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick

I really can't spell good.

14.4K Posts

February 10th, 2009 14:00

Rick

I rarely use IE tabs but i will give this a try and see what happens

14.4K Posts

February 10th, 2009 14:00

You are right crashes for me too. might be something to report to FF

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2009 15:00

Dave,

Is the forum fixed enough to use Mozilla Firefox without the IE Tab? That's why I was using it in the first place. I also was using it because it doesn't make the links inless you do extra steps.

Rick

14.4K Posts

February 10th, 2009 16:00

I see just the opposite. in fact my video is funny when im in ie tab and switch pages.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Dave,

When I run Mozilla Firefox, when I click post, it hangs there fo 30 seconds or more before I see anything happen. Dell Forums works much faster when using the IE Tab with Mozilla Firefox.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Dave,

I guess I will just have to spell wong and correct it, when I see it.

Still will hope there is a solution or maybe the next version of IE Tab or Mozilla Firefox will correct this issue.

Rick

14.4K Posts

Rick

I have had no issues with it. Have really used it from the git go to be honest. Has gotten a lot better with all the updates. Like i say about the only time I use the IE tab is to access the windows update site on my XP laptop

No Events found!