Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2002 01:00

Musicmatch

Musicmatch application will not start.  After attempting to log on I get an error message that goes like this,  "Unable to open Musicmatch application"....Application terminated.....Unable to open MMJB.exe.  I have an 8200 with pre-installed software bundle.  I upgraded to Musicmatch MX as well as Musicmatch Plus.  Worked fine until I attempted to establish my library to rip songs to my hard drive.  Now, unable to open Musicmatch all together.  I have downloaded the software over and over as well as unistalled XP and re-installed it.  I have uninstalled Musicmatch and re-installed Musicmatch.  I have used the disc of software provided by Dell as well as reinstalled the drivers.  Any suggestions anyone?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 13th, 2002 09:00

When you uninstalled MMJB, did you restart Windows before reinstalling?  If not, try this.  Many times it takes a restart to "clean out" a program. 

Also, have you posted a question to MMJB support.  They are good about responding to problems.

I don't or know what the "MX" is but it may be interferring with MMJB.  Have you also uninstalled it and MMJB, restarted Windows and then reinstalled MMJB?  Also, uninstall MMJB from the Add/Remove software, not just delete the folder.

2 Posts

November 11th, 2002 15:00

This message is intended for all of those participants in this forum with similar problems.  I recently downloaded the latest version of Musicmatch... version 7.5 ....and all of the problems associated with 7.2 are now history.  If any one had similar problems, download the latest version and it should all remedy itself.

August 31st, 2003 21:00

I UPGRADED MUSICMATCH FROM 7.1 -- 8.0 . AND NOW I CAN'T OPEN UP THE PROGRAM AT ALL. IT TELLS ME  THAT THE INI FILE CAN'T BE LOCATED AND THE SKINS DIRECTORY IS NOT IN THE REGISTRY. WHATEVER THAT MEANS. SOME ONE HELP A LOST SOUL.

1 Message

September 6th, 2003 19:00

I have the exact same problem.  Did you get it resolved?

174 Posts

September 10th, 2003 22:00

I let MusicMatch upgrade to 8.0 and now I cannot hear any audio when I play a music CD.  It will rip tracks and I can hear those when they play, but nothing when I try to play a music CD.  I can open Windows Media Player and play the same CD and hear it with no problem.

Anyone else seen anything like this?  It is driving me crazy.  I was thinking about upgrading to MusicMatch Jukebox Plus, but not if it will not play my audio CDs.

174 Posts

September 12th, 2003 01:00

OK... I resolved my own problem.  When I first upgraded to MusicMatch 8.0, it asked me to allow it to "initialize" the drive, so it apparently did some quick benchmark and figured out a few parameters for the drive and set them automatically.

I decided to dig around in the registry a little.  I found the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MusicMatch\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\4.0\CDDVDDrives\SAMSUNGCDRW_DVD_SN_324BU102_Device_CdRom0\CanExtractDA

I have the Samsung CDRW/DVD combo drive, so someone else's key may look a little different.  Anyway, the value of this key was zero.  I figured what the heck and changed it to one (1).  All I did then was restart MusicMatch and what do you know... it played my CD and gave me sound just fine.  

Message Edited by dirgon on 09-11-2003 09:57 PM

1 Message

June 11th, 2004 01:00

I am having trouble opening my Musicmatch.  It was working fine until about 3 days ago and now when I click on the icon it says "The procedure entry point ?GetOEMSerialNumber@@YA?AV$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library Enforce.dll."  I have no idea what this means and what I should do.

Please Help

Katie

katienoyd@yahoo.com

No Events found!