Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2013 11:00

NVIDIA Graphics Card Issues (Need Help!)

I have Dell Inspiron 530 with a NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS (I also had Windows 8). Just recently, I started having problems with my monitor. I would start up the computer and it would show me the Windows Logo as it loaded, then the monitor would turn itself off. I restarted multiple times, going into the computer in safe mode and I even did a system restore to a week before hand, but the problem continued. It also gave me a Blue Screen of Death saying "Your computer has encountered an error and is shutting down to prevent corruption" (Something along those lines, it popped up for about 3 seconds).

I thought it was due to changes made by software so I completely wiped the computer and set it back to its factory settings (Windows Vista OS). The problem didn't go away, but I was able to figure out that my NVIDIA graphics card was causing the problem. I currently have tried updating it (didn't work) and now I'm wondering if the card itself may just be bad. I don't know too much about computers and drivers and such, so I was hoping someone who has had similar problems or has a solution could help me.

Sorry if this post doesn't fit under the general topic of this section of the forum, I couldn't find any other good place to put it.

No Responses!
No Events found!