Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

December 4th, 2007 21:00

No Printer

Hello,

After having just reinstalled all my print drivers, I will open up Microsoft Word or Excel and go to Print, and everytime it says there are no printers installed and asks to do so. I have tried both ways out of that. Also, I have stopped and restarted my print spool service. I need suggestions, I am running out of options here! I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

3 Posts

Yes, all my printers are there that installed. I have pinged my print server and all is well there too. I also reinstalled Office to see if that would help and it didn't.

4.4K Posts

Go to Control Panel, then click Printers.  Is your printer there and is it checked, indicating it is the default printer?

32 Posts

December 5th, 2007 00:00

The same here, but this happens to AutoCad 2004, and all Microsoft Office Softwares are Oke with my network printer server. Why don't you try print with some anothe:smileywink:r applications, such as print webpage, print test page..etc

553 Posts

December 5th, 2007 11:00

Two suggestions. Some time uninstalling and reinstalling the printer helps. Second try another cable. What make and model printers do you have?

3 Posts

December 5th, 2007 13:00

I have deleted and added my printers several times, but only last for a few minutes before Office Apps say I have no printer installed. Also, the printers are hosted on our print server, so the cables are just your standard ethernet cables. Thanks for responding though!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 5th, 2007 23:00

Did you connect to the network before you installed the drivers on the PC? Possible XP installed the wrong drivers...

Ron
No Events found!