Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2004 00:00

Pages at Yahoo Mail Loading Very Slow or Freezing Up

Hi everyone! Not sure if the subject line in my post correctly explains the problem I have been experiencing with Yahoo's Mail service, so let try to explain to you all and see if anyone has a solution or maybe what the cause of it is.

When I log into my Yahoo mail, my pages are loading really, really slow! I have Adelphia's powerlink internet service and this is the only site that I am having this problem with. I have contacted Yahoo support and they tell me that it is due to my browser hanging or freezing on me. I have gone in and deleted my cookies, my temp internet cache files and still have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution to the problem or what the source could be as far as why this is happening?

I am using Microsoft's IE version 6.0.2800 along with Windows98se.

Thanks for reading this and hope someone has a idea as what the problem is and how to correct it!

March 17th, 2004 16:00

jeffinsocal,

Thank you for visiting the Dell Community Forum.

If this is only happening with the particular site, there may be an issue with that site or your server. You may want to check with your ISP and see if they are aware of any issues that may cause this.

Below are a couple other things you may want to try. Try going to the same site on a different system (using the same ISP is possible) to see if the same thing happens. You may want to try reloading Internet Explorer and see if that helps. Also try closing any extra programs running in the background to see if that helps.

10 Posts

March 19th, 2004 00:00

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the reply to my message regarding my problem with Yahoo's mail service. I am going to try your suggestion of seeing if I can recreate the problem with another computer and see if it happens with their's or not. I have a feeling the fault is Yahoo's as I have contacted my ISP and they have informed me that there is no problem on their end.

If I did try to reload the IE 6.0 that I am currently using as my web browser, do I have first uninstall it or can I load it over the top of it like you can do with windows 98 setup?

31 Posts

March 19th, 2004 02:00

There are two threads running on a Yahoo merchant's forum about this very issue with Adelphia serving up broken and partial pages, time-outs, page not found, and excruciatingly slow load times to the commercial sites as well as many of the offerings via the Yahoo! portal.  Yahoo says ISP problem, ISP (Adelphia & there was one other I believe) points to Yahoo!  Yahoo Store merchants suffer more than the virtual email account subscriber(unless it's premium subscription)!  Both parties are fully aware off a problem but neither is responding as of this post, or don't know what to do???

10 Posts

March 20th, 2004 01:00

On that forum that you mentioned, is Adelphia the only ISP that is having the problem communicating with Yahoo? I ran the command prompt that you use to ping a site and I have seen anywhere from 100% of the packets returning fine to me to seeing the lost of 1 or more packets.

31 Posts

March 21st, 2004 05:00

Hi!

There were two other high speed cable acess companies named by "posters" that were displaying similar quirks.  The bulk 99% were Adelphia.  I was on the phone with both Yahoo! support and Adelphia Corporate offices today.  Adelphia has in their opinion "troubleshot" the problem and sent it to Yahoo Friday and are waiting for a response.  The gentleman from AD muttered that he wished he had a phone number for Yahoo! tech support so he could speak with them.  I was happy to give it to him.  I am quite confident that Adelphia has found the problem after speaking to their representative, they will just need some collaboration with Yahoo! to resolve it ...good luck!    I will give them a few days and I'm back on dial-up, in fact I am now.  I had to do a bunch of editing and process some stuff in my sites and couldn't get in so I disconnected the modem and reset-up the dialup connection so I could get my work done.  Cable was mighty fast but if mine doesn't work on Yahoo platform I'll be moving a couple sites pretty quick.  There are a lot of AD customers out there that want to SHOP!  BTW, this is a problem affecting many of Yahoo services besides Y! web sites, so I hope they'll get on it first thing Monday morning!  There have been so many "acquisitions" and "roll outs" of "new upgraded features" and "solutions" by Y! recently that it must be hard to keep up with all of it.   I can't, and I host 3 of my sites on Y! platform.

CZ

76 Posts

March 21st, 2004 08:00

What is the number for Yahoo tech support?? Thanks

10 Posts

March 21st, 2004 16:00

Okay, I have just got done speaking with Adelphia's Powerlink support people and this is what I have found out.

The Yahoo Network Operations Center is working with the Adelphia Engineering Department to resolve this issue. It has been proven that the problem rests with Yahoo, not Adelphia. Evidently, there is a scripting error going on that is preventing access to Yahoo's platforms, including web stores, mail and briefcases.

So the issue is being worked on and hopefully will be resolved within a few days. (I would not be holding my breath if I were you)

No Events found!