Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2013 00:00

Pictures / My Pictures

I am new to my laptop and cannot work out the difference or relevance of My Pictures & Pictures.

cannot understand which is which and how photos are assigned to either.

I wish to transfer my existing photo, which I have copied to the desktop, in my old folder but don't know where they should be copied to!

Currently have some incomplete copies in both the above locations, and more than one copy.

when I know which folder to use I can copy across and delete the unneeded file copies.

I note that I seem to currently have some photos and folders nested inside others.

Do notwant to start deleting and copying until I can get this sorted out.

Currently have copies of my photos on an external usb drive copied from my original computer and can recopy to my laptop for now.

Windows 8 installed.

Anyone with any ideas? Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 14th, 2013 10:00

Hi rob4508,

You can try creating a personalized folder in C drive and then depending upon events or date wise you may create sub folders and classify the pictures. But for duplicate pictures you will have to delete it manually.

2 Posts

November 17th, 2013 20:00

thanks for the ideas.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 19th, 2013 03:00

Hi rob4508,

It is good to know that you are happy with the given answers. If you have any other questions/ issues in future you may either start a new thread or send me a message. We will be glad to help you.

No Events found!