Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 1st, 2017 18:00

Problems after A Dell update --- app. reconfigured

Hi, I have a Inspiron 3650 dsktp. win 10 version 1703   The problem started after a "support assist remediation" update from Dell, and now 181 informational events saying" Windows installer reconfigured the product"-- successful application reconfigured-- all happened within eight hours and will not stop, its like a loop, same programs over and over. sfc scan shows no problems.  reboots had no effect. any ideas on what to try? thanks 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2017 14:00

cj17,

Dell Support Assist is not needed on your system.

I would use System Restore on your system, then go to programs and features and remove Dell Support Assist. See if the errors go away.

Rick

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2017 15:00

thanks for your help Sir and I will restore and delete spprtasit. soon. today 5/2 oddly my pc has been running for 9 hours and hasn't reconfigured any apps, on 5/1 I had 216 events total, only thing different is a lot of obsolete dll's  in the temp files api-ms-win-core- etc. shown by McAfee quickclean. not sure if that did anything or not. I'm scratching my head lol      update! on 5/2 I used system restore then deleted support assist and assist agent. and since then (5/3) I have not had any problems with the reconfiguring apps and the pc is working great,  thanks!

No Events found!