MartK2010
1 Copper

Problems extracting content of INP files created from Dell Backup

Not sure of the right place to post this. Probably in the wrong place and if so.. sorry Smiley Sad

Ive had manor issues recently trying to get my data back. I am left with many .INP files located in a folder called Profile1.

I have used MigRestore and it won't find any drive I got connected.

I have tried putting that Profile1 folder on both C: and E: with all INP files inside it.

MIG restore just will not find them.

Been trying with Dell Backup & Recovery as a way of restoring the data out of them and it says 'No file found' Really not sure what to do but i need the content of these files as they are very important to me.

Please help, thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ieee488
5 Rhenium

RE: Problems extracting content of INP files created from Dell Backup

0 Kudos
MartK2010
1 Copper

Thanks for the link but i have already red that page and nothing worked.

I believe the software which created the files was DBAR.

I cannot seem to get them extracted and get the files out of all the .INP files.. theres at least 60 .INP files each about 650MB and no matter what software I use its not recognising the file type. So Migrestore wont even detect any hard drive connected when I click browse.. even though the external hard drive is definitely connected. Also tried putting the files on drive C: and still Migrestore will not find them.

Then I used the recovery method on DBAR and when i point it to the directory for those .INP files the error message says 'File not found' i'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next.

Thanks, Mart.

KBaner
1 Copper

I have the same issue Mark. Completely sympathize...Let me know if you have found a solution..

My question is - Who is the idiot at Dell that designed the backup and recovery software?

Does Dell trial their software before release?

What a fricking waste of my time...

blutoa10
1 Copper

**BUMP**

I have the same issue!!  I made data backups with DBAR, after the last update of DBAR I receive an error every time I try to open DBAR, I've attempted previous versions, no luck - I have good backups and no way to access - I've searched for 3rd party software to open the backup with no luck - this issue has been incredibly frustrating - if anyone has discovered a solution - your knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
bikudos
1 Copper

Re: Problems extracting content of INP files created from Dell Backup

I am with the same problem, but seems that migrestore cant locate it throught windows 10. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bikudos
1 Copper

that didnt work for me.

0 Kudos
HetoGrow
1 Copper

Re: Problems extracting content of INP files created from De

I had this problem as well and after 2 weeks of sleepless nights I was able to recover my files. 

Here are steps to take to recover your data after Windows 10 upgrade on Dell PC

Step 1 – go to C: drive and check Windows.old folder.

Step 2 – go to C: drive and check Temp, Temp_Migration, Users folders, .INP files.

Step 3 – two options to restore .INP backup files from reformat by Dell data backup and recovery software for Windows 10.

Option 1 – Use Dell PC factory recovery software.

Option 2  - Use Dell Migration Restore Utility App - MigRestore.

Follow these steps to manually recover your files or use the DBaR utility tool. 

Don't repeat my mistakes by skipping some paragraphs. I lost a few days because I misunderstood an instruction by glancing over Dell Recovery Utility instruction. Hope it helps you. All the best.

0 Kudos