Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2012 05:00

Recovery Partition

I have a Vostro 220S with Win 7 Pro 32bit on it. Can I do a repair install using the recovery partition? Is there a way to copy the recovery partition so it could be used in case of HD failure?

Thanks

Herman

157 Posts

September 16th, 2012 06:00

In theory you could clone your partitions and copy to another hd.

September 17th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

I would recommend you to create Recovery CD’s with the help of Dell Data safe Local which is preinstalled in your system. By creating these Recovery Discs, you are making a backup of all the software that was installed on your computer at the factory.

The recovery partition contains a copy of the entire factory installed software and Dell's factory recovery software will allow you to reinstall all of the software that came with your Dell computer.

You can use single layer or dual layer DVDs. Avoid using rewritable DVDs (DVD-RWs).

For further reference you can refer to the link http://dell.to/IJhKGy

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards           
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

21 Posts

September 20th, 2012 00:00

Oh I am sorry I think I misunderstand your purpose sorry, if you just backup the recovery partition once your HD failure I think you could not recover your system through this way, you have migrate you whole system Partition to another place, so that it could be restored once failure.

21 Posts

September 20th, 2012 00:00

You could choose 3rd party freeware AOMEI Partition Assistant, I have use it for a long time, it is good and reliable, they have the feature to let you copy the partitions. Hope it could help.

36 Posts

September 20th, 2012 09:00

You can copy the partition using windows 7 on to DVDs. I did. I used  RW discs but as previous poster said  a non rewriteable DVD  would prevent accidently overwriting.

No Events found!