Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2009 03:00

Regular Freezes/Crashes

Hello all

Wondered whether you could help with a very frustrating problem.  I've had a Inspiron 1525 since November and it's causing me some headaches.  

A few times a day the computer is freezing and then crashing.  It's quite odd - usually the program I'm using stops working (i.e. Internet Explorer), but the mouse moves.  Then when I click on any other programs that are open they freeze as well.  I can still switch between them, but none work.  I'm not able to open any new programs either.  

When I press ctrl alt del the screen just turns black and nothing happens.  The only way of turning it off is to hold the power key.  I can't open the task manager or anything.

Any ideas?  It affects everything that is running, whether it's internet explorer or a game.  

Thanks in advance 

• 

17K Posts

September 9th, 2009 06:00

sebmaley,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

It can be very difficult to find out why the system is freezing up all the time. The problem could be hardware or software related. You can run the diagnostics on the system to see if any hardware is falutly. If nothing comes back as failing try doing a Dell Factory Image Restore. This will put the system back to when you first turned it on. You will of course lose all information  you have put on the computer.

No Events found!