Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2013 10:00

Restore Dell Latitude D620 to factory settings

I want to sell my laptop, but I would first like to restore it to factory settings, to remove anything I have added (files, software, bookmarks). Do I just use the restore disks that came with the pc? Will this then include all software that was factory installed, or just the Operating System? Or, is there another way to do this? Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 16th, 2013 13:00

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 17th, 2013 14:00

If you want to clean install with a secure wipe with DBAN see Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of Windows XP/Vista (depending on what OS it came with):

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

3 Posts

November 17th, 2013 15:00

Thanks everyone! I reinstalled the XP disk that came with the laptop. I was trying to find out if there was another way, so as NOT to lose all of the drivers. Unfortunately, I had to reinstall ALL of the drivers and updates, also XP sp3, since my disk was sp2. Also, since there was no driver for the internal wifi card, I could not get internet access to get the drivers, so I had to find an external Belkin card which luckily I still have the disk for (good that I had kept it from some years ago!)

No Events found!