Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MJ

December 23rd, 2004 20:00

SongShowPlus

This message is to initiate a thread for any Dell desktop users who are running an application called SongShowPlus v5.5r4.0.  This is not an application that 99.9% of home desktop users will be familiar with; however, those who do use SSP will know exactly what we're talking about.

One of the two companies that market and provide technical support reportedly distribute SSP on Dell desktops.  How much success (or technical problems), if any, has anyone had with running v5.5r4.0 on a Dimension 4700?

One of the two companies that provide tech support to SSP users has a web page which lists the recommended hardware and OS for 5.5; does anyone have anything to recommend with respect to other hardware and/or software issues which make the SSP application run better?

Comments & Suggestions, please! 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2004 22:00

I saw this on their web site.

"Attention: SongShow Plus has not yet been tested on Windows XP Service Pack 2.  There maybe unknown issues with this update.  At this time we do not recommend applying the update.  We will be unable to help support SongShow Plus on SP2 until our testing is complete."

If you are attempting to run this on a Windows XP machine with the SP2, it apparently has problems and should not be run. 

December 24th, 2004 02:00

Fireberd:

What you are telling me is new info.  When referring to Fowler's SSP system req's, SP2 is not contraindicated.  Do you have another weblink where SP2 is contraindicated?  If so, please list.  What I had been advised by the tech people in Norman, OK within the past week was that SP2 was preferred over previous SP releases.  Are you perhaps relying on and relaying old info? 

No Events found!