Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2009 12:00

Studio 1537 and Windows XP Drivers

When come's a official driver for Studio 1537 and Windows XP? Thanks.

4.6K Posts

January 21st, 2009 15:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

If there are no XP drivers on the Dell website for the Studio 1537 now, there never will be I'm afraid.

You'll have to look for them elsewhere :emotion-6:

I'd suggest you start, by Googling (i.e.) 'Windows XP Drivers for Dell Studio 1537?'

BTW:  If your Studio 1537 had Vista pre-installed, and you install XP, Dell may not provide you with support?

They only offer support for systems which still have the OS which was supplied with the system installed :emotion-55:

3 Posts

January 21st, 2009 22:00

I am make a good installation of Windows XP on Studio 1537.  Studio 1537 is a part of Latatude, Vostro and new components. All is working now fine, white small error. The Sustem Sound Bus and  HDMI AND 1394 is not install. A have search many times for the hardware layer drivers, but this is not easy work.

3 Posts

January 30th, 2009 11:00

I have encountered someone with this problem?
Dell is set up to make the most - good for customers, not just for Microsoft! If someone wishes to provide dayveri collected here.

4.6K Posts

February 5th, 2009 10:00

Windows XP drivers for the Studio 1535 - which will be perfectly suitable for the 1537 as well, can be found on the Wickman Studios website :emotion-55:

3 Posts

February 5th, 2009 11:00

I managed to get every single driver working on this machine for Windows XP Professional 32bit with SP3 (this should also work on SP1 and SP2).

I decided I should share the wealth and save all of you dedicated XP users out there some time and frustration. I compiled all of these drivers into an executable file that will automatically install all them onto your machine in one click. I also am including the set of drivers in a folder as well (in case you rather not use the .exe or have to go in the device manager and locate the .inf files manually). In addition to the .exe file and the folder, I have provided the audio driver (which i found on a site written completely in Chinese) and blue tooth driver separately which only worked for me by installing it that way [When i got the audio to work there was still a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager for Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus so I just right clicked it and disabled it to stop the "Found New Hardware" at startup notifications.; the important thing is that it works!]. I hope my help is appreciated.

If you are interested please visit:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=327956

You can then find out how to reach me.

1 Message

January 9th, 2010 08:00

Hello,

I have recently buy a Dell Studio 1537 ,I Just installed windows 7 . Can any one please give me links from where I can get the drivers workable for windows 7.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 9th, 2010 08:00

chilksaks,

Windows 7 will install almost everything. You might have a few issues. Try running the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and see what issues you'll have. In most cases, you'll be able to install the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode.

Right click on the drivers, left click properties, compatibility. Change the compatibility mode to Vista (I used Vista SP2). The right click on the drivers and left click run as administrator.

Rick

No Events found!