Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2008 06:00

TIFF plugin for IE 6 and 7

One of the company's that I work with has recently started using an online system that allows my users to view digital copies of paper invoices, etc.

So far so good. The only problem is that the documents are displayed in TIFF format which IE won't display natively.

At the moment my users must either save the documents locally and then view them (the way that the system is set up you can't open the file in a third party application without first saving it locally)  or they must install a plugin with TIFF viewing capabilities so that they can view the image in a browser window.

At the moment I'm using the Quicktime plugin, but this installs baggage that I'd rather not have on my systems (for starters, it allows my users to view quicktime files on the web, which I'd rather that they didn't).

Are there any plugins that specifically allow you to view TIFF files in IE, but which don't have too many other media functions and which don't install bloatware or adware?

318 Posts

April 11th, 2008 09:00

I'll have a look, cheers.

On a related note, have you ever heard of the alternaTIFF plugin?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 11th, 2008 09:00

Since QT works, have you tried the QT Alternative?  It's a less invasive version.  HERE
No Events found!