Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2013 13:00

TSST DVD Win 7 Driver Needed

I have a refurbished D630 running Win 7 Home Premium, 64 Bit. It has a TSST TSL462D CDRW / DVD unit installed. Generally speaking, the machine works great. The Problem:  I have a bunch of blank 16X DVD discs that the laptop can read fine (when formatted on my desktop computer). But the laptop can't format or write to them, making them useless for backup discs.

Was thinking it was a firmware problem, but the only drivers I've found on the Dell site are for 24X Windows Vista (32/64). Does anyone know if there are:

1) Drivers for 16X DVD units;  and/or,

2) Drivers for Win 7, 64Bit Home Premium systems;  and/or,

3) Drivers that are for 16X DVD units running on a Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit D630 laptop?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BearPup

21 Posts

February 25th, 2013 21:00

Now that you mention it....I do remember reading that it only read DVDs, not created them. I had forgotten that fact because I had written CDs and played back DVDs, so I slipped backwards to the assumption that it also wrote DVDs. Sigh. EmBearassed Pup. Thanks for reminding me....it saves me a lot of fruitless work!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

February 25th, 2013 21:00

Hi BearPup,

TSST TSL462D CDRW/DVD is a DVD Combo drive that read/write CDs and read DVDs. It cannot write to a DVD. Drivers would be installed automatically by Windows 7.

Please let me know if you need further information.

“To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

No Events found!