Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2007 12:00

Toolbar EULA

I'm sure many of you have dealt with this. I researched it and tried to remove the google toolbar, then download it, install and agree to the EULA (or vice versa). I tried to delete the toolbar. I checked for a reference to EULA in msconfig but found nothing.

I just took a new machine out of the box on Friday, and I've been battling this screen since. I feellike Capt. Ahab.

I can kill the EULA.exe process, but why should I have to do that?

If anybody did anything else to defeat the whale, please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 5th, 2007 14:00

EULA is the universal name for licensing & product activation. How do you know it's from Google? Google does not have product activation. It could be Vista or another program that needs activation. If it is Google, open the Settings link on the Google bar, Options, uncheck lots of the options--especially the one that says Send info to Google on the More tab.
To uninstall Google: Settings, Help, Uninstall.

32 Posts

March 5th, 2007 16:00

The abundance of material on the web when searching "Toolbar EULA" all referenced google toolbar.

I tried all the uninstalling etc. Luckily, I went back to msconfig, went a bit slower, and found a dell reference to some EULA update center (something like that). I unchecked the box, and so far so good.

thanks for your thoughts, too.

March 5th, 2007 22:00

I ended up just deleting the folder with the EULA.exe file in it and a few others.  Otherwise, everytime I logged in with a limited user account, I would get a blank window that could only be closed through killing the IE process in task manager. 

March 6th, 2007 01:00

To be honest, I totally forgot about MSconfig. 

In a worst case scenario, I would have scoured the registry for any entries and deleted them but that wasn't necessary.

32 Posts

March 6th, 2007 01:00

Did you review the msconfig file before deleting?

I will have to try that, too, just to be certain the vermin has been eradicated.

1 Message

March 18th, 2007 03:00

I am wondering if you uninstalled DELLSupport would clear up the situation?  I agree that disabling the ECenter entry in the Startup Tab or System Configuraton  (msconfig.exe) prevents the problem but the boot process reports the blocked program faithfully...
No Events found!