Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2004 17:00

Transferring files/permissions/settings from one user account to another in Windows XP Professional.

Hi dellizens,

I have a very annoying problem that I hope someone can help me fix. I recently used one of those tune up programs that offer an easy interface to change settings that would normally require a registry edit. A program along the lines of Tweak XP and such.

One of the settings was to have xp remove either the All users or default users folders under Documents and Settings folder. It was supposed to clear up unused space and stop some programs from asking that annoying question when you install them "whether you want all users on this pc to have access to this program or just the current user".

I happily applied the tweak but it caused me a world of problems. I have a program called NQL Browser Recorder that saves user clicks and entries to a script in Internet Explorer so that you can create customized scripts that for e.g. check your email, or log you to a website etc. Its a really nice program especially if you have a ton of memberships online each with different usernames and passwords.

You just run the script and it takes you to the relevant pages enters all the necessary information (provided the layout of the pages haven't  changed ofcourse) etc. etc.

NQL Browser Recorder has a toolbar that you can view or hide in IE (I'm using IE6.0 btw). Whenever I rightclick the toolbar and click the NQL brw Rec toolbar so that it would be visible my IE session closes.

I tracked it down to a BHO setting that got removed from either the default or all users folder when I applied that tweak. The problem is I can't Win XP to undo that setting. Yesterday I created a new user and installed NQL and lo and behold it works fine (thankfully that tweak only affected that one user account), so I decided to just start a new user account.

Is there a way to move all my info and settings to the new account that I created?

2 Intern

• 

18.8K Posts

February 10th, 2004 20:00

DumDeDum,

The information here should help.

102 Posts

February 10th, 2004 23:00

Denny!

You da man baby!!!

You have no idea how much this has been nagging me at the back of my head....... 

Thanks a million!!!

Peace

No Events found!