Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 10th, 2005 18:00

Trojan.vundo virus detected

Hi ,
My computer 700 m  has detected a virus " Trojan.Vundo" . Could someone help me with getting rid of it , as Mcafee didnt even detect the virus on my computer when I ran the scan. I have Norton antivirus which is going to expire soon which has detected the virus. It has slowed down my laptop considerably. Please help!!
Thanks
S

6 Posts

October 10th, 2005 18:00

I have already downloaded the symantec virus removal tool , but it didnt detect the virus or remove it. It scanned the system but it skipped the virus. I tried deleting the virus " opnmk.dll " , but it pops a message that its in use and cannot be deleted.
Please help.!!!
Thanks

1.3K Posts

October 10th, 2005 19:00

suppi,

This seems to be a tough one to get rid of. You will need to download and run HiJackThis.

Look here and read the entire page. I hope this helps !

http://forums.techguy.org/t406166.html

18.8K Posts

October 10th, 2005 19:00

suppi,

Manual removal instructions for trojan.vundo are here.

October 11th, 2005 14:00

:smileymad:

ok so I have also detected "Trojan.Vundo" on a laptop that I have had for 3 weeks, Im in the Army and need this problem fixed while having no time to drop it off.. I started with the "symantec virus removal tool" and go nothing.. then I moved onto HijackThis v1.99.1 and i can see the line in the log file which i need to fix..

O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {6DD0BC06-4719-4BA3-BEBC-FBAE6A448152} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtutr.dll

im sure theres more but im not going to blow up the post with it all.. next i heard of Windows CleanUp! but same as HijackThis it can find the file and not remove it.. does anyone have any other ideas for me?

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 11th, 2005 15:00

based on the line

O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {6DD0BC06-4719-4BA3-BEBC-FBAE6A448152} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtutr.dll

you should try following the information given here:

when you're done, append a copy of your NEW HJT log.

6 Posts

October 11th, 2005 18:00

hey danny,
thanks a lot for yr help. but this didnt work to delete the virus.....
please help

6 Posts

October 11th, 2005 18:00

hey dave,

I tried this one....but it does not accept this line when i type it up

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\nqtss.*
...it shows an error...the virus on my laptop is in 
  • C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnmk.dll

so would i have to type "opnmk  instead of nqtss....please let me know.....

thanks,

s

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 11th, 2005 19:00

suppi,

as best as i can tell, dave's procedure, as well as mine, both use the VundoFix routine.

if so, given that YOUR virus's name is

C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnmk.dll

then, the two filenames you have to type-in, when requested by the vundoFix, are:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnmk.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\kmnpo.*

1.3K Posts

October 11th, 2005 19:00

suppi,

I would say yes. Also Click Start>Search> All files and folders, type in search box opnmk.dll .

Delete all found. I searched my Computer and found no opnmk.dll File.

You may have to check Windows Registry also.

6 Posts

October 11th, 2005 22:00

hey ,

thanks a lot... I followed these instructions and got rid of the virus... Thanks a lot ....it saved me from formatting my computer again ......Thanks a lot again ...
:)

6 Posts

October 11th, 2005 22:00

hey dave,

Thanks a lot for you your help . I followed those instructions and got rid of the virus... Thanks once agian ....

:)

No Events found!