Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2016 03:00

Unable to download Recovery Image/Help

Hi all, I'm trying to download the "Windows Recovery Image" for my Dell XPS 15 (9550) but the Dell Server seems to be too slow or even dead and after a while I get the "Download Cancelled" message and download stops. Is there an alternative link to download the recovery Windows ISO? Thanks

6 Posts

October 17th, 2016 15:00

Hi, for all there - i can just give you the advice to download the recovery iso with a Linux system - maybe just use a ubuntu live CD in a VM or so. It wont use the dell system detection and just download directly the iso. It is working for me

• 

17K Posts

May 18th, 2016 07:00

ALEGATOR,

The site seems to be working. It may have just been busy. There are no alternate links to download the ISO.

2 Intern

• 

587 Posts

May 18th, 2016 10:00

Thanks Jesse for your reply. I've been trying the last several days and just now too and the situation is always the same, the download requires the "Dell System Detect" install, it installs successfully after which the Download begins ("Download in progress"). It downloads about 31700k (almost nothing) and stays there forever as if download stops. After a while (a message says "The download is available for 1 hour") the message changes to "Download Cancelled". The name of the file is "9663HA00_W10x64ROW_home(DL)_v3.iso". I bought the Dell XPS 15 (9550) last month, I'd really like to have a copy of this recovery image. Thanks for any suggestion.

1 Message

May 29th, 2016 05:00

I also cannot download this. It didnt' come with the PC which I also purchased a month ago and I need to recover my system. It stalls halfway through and I have tried several times.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2021 02:00

Dell does not seem to be able to provide servers for downloading recovery images still in 2021. Funny that Dell actually sells millions of servers...

No Events found!