Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2010 00:00

Vostro 1700 factory settings reset.

I have seen a few answers as to how to return to Factory settings, but none work for me.

I have tried the Dell suggestion of pressing F8 and then via Administrator go to reset, but for what ever reason the computer does not recognise me as the Admin guy and password (even though I am).

I do NOT have any recovery disc or Vista disc, but as the Vista programme is so aweful, Microsoft have told me to reset to Factory ... BUT I CANNOT !!!!!!!!!!!

IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY, OTHER THAN THE F8 ROUTE or at least, how can I get my Computer to recognise me as the Administrator.

Cheers

p.s. please don't bother and tell me to go to Dell.s advice on system restore etc .. tried it and it doesn't do the job for me.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

July 5th, 2010 02:00

Hi You press F8 at bootup. However, there is a support journal HERE that you might want to look at, also HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> is your manual for your system.

2 Posts

July 5th, 2010 06:00

Thank you for at least replying BUT if you read what I have written I said that the F8 option will not recognise me as the Administrator .... all th stuff you posted I have tried. But thanks anyway

No Events found!