Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2012 06:00

Want urgent help about driver xp for inspiron 14z 5423

Dear sir/all

I just buy notebook dell inspiron 14z 5423 for use my office program ( support only xp and office 2003 ) but i can't found driver for windows xp.

this time i install windows xp and promise my boss for use this laptop at tomorrow. so has someone can help me about driver for this notebook model or not?

i want extra help

my email

best regards

kantapat

240 Posts

December 24th, 2012 09:00

Hi Srichantamit,

Inspiron 14z won’t work with Windows XP as it is compatible only with Windows 7and 8 that’s the reason why you have not found any drivers.

Please do get back to us for further assistance or information.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 24th, 2012 15:00

If you have not installed XP on unsupported hardware before, you won't have this ready by tomorrow.

You might just consider using Windows 7 and installing XP Mode for compatibility with older/incompatible programs.  You will need Professional or higher for XP Mode.  The upgrade is usually around $60-70 from Home Premium to Professional.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 24th, 2012 15:00

Just because Dell does not support XP (providing drivers) does not mean that it won't work, but you have to be ready for the possibility that it MAY not work - or may not work very well.  Not all current hardware is compatible with XP, and incompatible hardware will just become more and more prevalent.

Getting XP to work on this machine is up to you to find drivers and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.  Best thing to do is start by getting drivers from the various device manufacturers' websites (Intel for the chipset, Broadcom/Intel/Realtek for network, etc.) - not all of these manufacturers' provide drivers for XP either.  Make sure your XP media has SP3 on it, but even with that, you may need to also integrate additional SATA drivers in order for XP to see and install to the hard drive.

Hollar if you have any specific questions as you go.

Good luck.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 25th, 2012 02:00

Or if you have a full XP license already install Virtual Box and install XP within VirtualBox https://www.virtualbox.org/ 

Install Office 2003 and your program in VirtualBox.

No Events found!