Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 14th, 2012 13:00

Will reinstalling Windows 7 remove ALL virus?

If I reinstall Windows 7, will all the virus be removed? will it solve the problems of blue screens? help please..

36 Posts

September 20th, 2012 09:00

Long formats vary in what they actually do. You need to find a program that writes 0's to every bit of your hard drive.

Maxtor used to have such a program which format the drive and wrote 0's to every bit from a floppy. I no longer have it. I wish I did.  Seagate which bought out Maxtor and then discontinued their hard drive line has a program they say will do it but after downloading it the option is not there.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 20th, 2012 15:00

PhotoRoy9 see the following About DBAN.

Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) is a free erasure software designed for consumer or home use. However, users should be aware of its limitations, especially for larger environments such as a company or organizational network. Limitations include:

• We don't guarantee secure data erasure
  • Limited hardware support (eg. no RAID dismantling)
  • No customer support

DBAN is a self-contained boot disk that automatically and completely deletes the contents of any hard disk that it can detect. It is a means of ensuring due diligence in computer recycling, a way of preventing identity theft if you want to sell a computer, and a solution to totally clean a Microsoft Windows installation of viruses and spyware. DBAN prevents or thoroughly hinders all known techniques of hard disk forensic analysis.

How to Delete and Wipe Your Data Securely with DBAN.

13 Posts

September 20th, 2012 17:00

what wipe method in DBAN is the best for my case? how long will it take?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 21st, 2012 00:00

I generally just use the autonuke method. It has worked fine for me on many occasions.
No Events found!