Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 14th, 2016 10:00

Win7PRO OEM upgrade to Win10

Hi all, i have a Precision M4700 with windows 7 SP1 OEM, i'm confused, can i install windows 10 pro for free or do i have to purchase an upgrade license (if i do it now, before the 29th July) ?

Consider i work in an Enterprise environment but the license applied to my PC is the OEM, not the one under Corporate agreement.

Thanks for a clarification/confirmation.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 14th, 2016 10:00

HIRYU79,

Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You will also need to update the drivers to Windows 10 as well. Click the link below to download the drivers for your M4700.

Dell Precision M4700 Drivers and Downloads

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 14th, 2016 16:00

You can Download a Windows 10 TH2 OEM .iso and clean install with your Windows 7 Pro OEM key. This will give you Windows 10 Pro:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/

Your organisation will need to arrange Enterprising licensing via Microsoft if it plans to have Windows 10 Enterprise.

23 Posts

July 15th, 2016 01:00

What do you mean with this last sentence?

"Your organisation will need to arrange Enterprising licensing via Microsoft if it plans to have Windows 10 Enterprise"

Cant we keep on using the OEM licenses from Dell on our systems?

When should Enterprise licenses should be used?

Btw thank you all for you answers

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 15th, 2016 10:00

What do you mean with this last sentence?

"Your organisation will need to arrange Enterprising licensing via Microsoft if it plans to have Windows 10 Enterprise"

Cant we keep on using the OEM licenses from Dell on our systems?

When should Enterprise licenses should be used?

Btw thank you all for you answers

You can keep using the Dell Windows 7 Pro/Windows 10 Pro OEM licenses if you want. A lot of organisations use just the OEM licenses...

No Events found!