Highlighted
2 Bronze

Windows 7 Home Premuim ISO download with drivers

Jump to solution

Hi everyone my Inspiron M5040 got wiped so i tired reinstalling windows 7 and download the drivers everthing worked except the wifi drive can someone please help thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: Windows 7 Home Premuim ISO download with drivers

Jump to solution

Windows 7 has reached end of life meaning it has no more security patches making it unsafe to use online. You can clean install Windows 10 using your Windows 7 key. Windows 10 should have the driver for the wireless card inbuilt in addition to most of the other drivers for the rest of the hardware or will obtain them automatically from Windows Update.

Otherwise you will need to install the correct driver for your wireless card. There are usually variants depending on where the model is built and the time it is manufactured. This model has the Dell Wireless 1501, 1503, 1701, 1702:

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/inspiron-15-amd-m5040.html

If you don't have the wireless card the driver won't install. So you can just download the 4 drivers and save to a USB flash drive and then attempt to install all four, the one that installs will be the correct one (otherwise you can provide the hardware IDs for all the unknown devices in the device manager). You should install the Chipset driver (if you haven't already done so) before installing the wireless card driver.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Jump to solution

Windows 7 has reached end of life meaning it has no more security patches making it unsafe to use online. You can clean install Windows 10 using your Windows 7 key. Windows 10 should have the driver for the wireless card inbuilt in addition to most of the other drivers for the rest of the hardware or will obtain them automatically from Windows Update.

Otherwise you will need to install the correct driver for your wireless card. There are usually variants depending on where the model is built and the time it is manufactured. This model has the Dell Wireless 1501, 1503, 1701, 1702:

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/inspiron-15-amd-m5040.html

If you don't have the wireless card the driver won't install. So you can just download the 4 drivers and save to a USB flash drive and then attempt to install all four, the one that installs will be the correct one (otherwise you can provide the hardware IDs for all the unknown devices in the device manager). You should install the Chipset driver (if you haven't already done so) before installing the wireless card driver.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I found the correct drivers. I realised when looking at the driver install it said C:\dell\drivers\Setup.exe  and then I restarted my laptop then the wifi worked!

DellM5040_1-1591098618036.png

Picture Of Wifi Working

0 Kudos