Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2014 10:00

Windows 7 home basic 64 bits - Dell Recovery doesn´t fix a problem

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 home basic 64 bits. I make the dell factory recovery. It was expected that the note back to factory configurations. So, after the recovery two problems appear:

1) After the recovery, I can´t access the windows, because the system can´t identify a administrator user. To fix it, I need to access a safe mode and create a new user.

2) The services related to wireless lan and wired lan is unable to start (Error 1068). I can´t fix it. I test with linux live cd and the network hardware works well.

I think that the problems is in dell recovery.

Anyone could help me to fix it?

thanks.

3 Posts

February 13th, 2014 10:00

I didn´t have an installation DVD download. However, I have fixed the problem using the follow procedure:

1) I open the Dell DataSafe Local Backup software;

2) In this software, I have an option to create system recovery media. I create this media in a USB flash drive.

(Note: As informed in the software, this process make a copy of Recovery partition of my notebook in USB).

3) After that, I started a notebook via USB and started the restore. When I started the restore process, appeared a new option: 'Back to Factory Configuration'. This option is not able without a recovery media.

4) So, All my notebook was restored to factory configuration and the problems was fixed.

So, thanks for your feedback. I hope that our answer will help others.

Thanks for all.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 13th, 2014 10:00

3 Posts

February 13th, 2014 11:00

More one thing,

The problem of my notebook were in Windows file system. The file system related to services was corrupted and some services never started.

The recovery process without Recovery Media did not restored the file system to its original state, in fact, the laptop was restored but not the windows filesystem.

32 Posts

February 14th, 2014 18:00

Could you explain what you meant when you said-the laptop was restored but not the windows filesystem?

No Events found!