Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2008 01:00

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Now Available

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update to Windows Vista that addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues; supporting new types of hardware; and adding support for several emerging standards. SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).

Read the overview of Windows Vista SP1, including what's new, technical details, guidelines and notable changes.

Read the Deployment Guide for Windows Vista SP1. This guide includes technical information, procedures, and recommendations for installing Windows Vista SP1 in a business or corporate environment.

DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download is available on Windows Update.

To download the Standalone version of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 please follow the directions below in the Instructions section.

Before installing SP1, please visit the Windows Vista TechCenter and read the page " Things to Know Before you Download Windows Vista SP1"

The Microsoft Download Center site is your only authorized web source for downloading a licensed copy of Windows Vista Service Pack 1. To report a website offering unlicensed copies of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for download, please send e-mail to: piracy@microsoft.com or visit http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/ReportingUs.mspx.

Download: Windows Vista SP1 (x86) (434 MB)
Download: Windows Vista SP1 (x64) (726 MB)
Homepage: Windows Update
Courtesy MSFN.org
Message Edited by jmwills on 03-19-2008 05:30 AM

2.3K Posts

March 19th, 2008 04:00

jmwills... Very informing.... I like your post better mate!!!

Maybe you could answer this Q for me and I am certain many others here:

I was reading this link on DCF and some people are pointing to onboard drivers and webcams and such as the culprit for not getting the WinUpdate notification.
*Anyone knows how I can search on the Beast to see what drivers need removing to get SP1 to show ???
** Or should I just go ahead and manually update using the links I gave earlier ??? ... is that advisable or will I be taking chances ???

EDIT/Added: I think I may have answered or found the answer to my own Q at the link below.
Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
This may be because I have not updated my drivers for ATI TV-Tuner, X-Fi Sound Card and 8800 Ultra to what Win_Update recommends to [See Image Below]
The reason I did not was because Dell has always cautioned us against updating to something other than drivers on Support.Dell.com
*** So... the new Q is, should I take a chance and update to drivers Win_Update wants me to update to or should I take a chance and manually update to SP1 ???

TIA

Peace

Message Edited by MoneyGuyBK on 03-18-2008 10:47 PM

12K Posts

March 19th, 2008 04:00

I would take this approach.  Run the update and if you have a failure then disbale that irem in Device Manager and then run the update again.

I ran the update in two VM Ware applications and one host machines with no issues whatsoever.  I am to the point where it makes sense to make Vista my primary, it is now that stable and that good in my opinion.  Not to mention more secure.

2.3K Posts

March 19th, 2008 05:00

jmwills; Thanx for the quick reply and suggestion(s)

I will try this tomorrow when I am all bunny-eyed & bushy-tailed :)

Too late right now.... have to finish some work until about 1am, and get up early tomorrow.

God Bless.

Peace

2.4K Posts

March 19th, 2008 08:00

Hi

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Frequently Asked Questions link
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&docid=444301029C0771B3E040A68F5A282615&l=en&s=gen

From Chris

My computer
Dell Dimension 1100
Microsoft Windows XP Home SP 2
512 MB of Ram
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256MB
Intel Celeron CPU 2.53GHz
Dell E196FP
HDD WDC WD800BB-75JCO 80GB C:
HDD Samsung SV2042H 20GB F:
TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H492C D:
LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S E:
Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54GS With SpeedBooster
Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 90
Logitech Cordless Click Plus Rechargeable Optical Mouse
Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12
Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1

My Security Software
Avanquest SystemSuite 8 Professional
Windows Defender

Message Edited by helmecj01 on 03-19-2008 04:55 AM
Message Edited by helmecj01 on 03-19-2008 04:58 AM

2.3K Posts

March 21st, 2008 03:00

jmwills;

I finally tried to run the full package of SP1.  Downloaded it and clicked Run.

This is the message I get saying I am not using one of the five languages :smileysurprised:  but I am running the English version of Vista!  .... Can you tell me what else I could do ???

Peace

12K Posts

March 21st, 2008 03:00

I do not see anything in that block

2.3K Posts

March 21st, 2008 04:00

@jmwills wrote:
I do not see anything in that block

Try this thread.... 2nd page, start with message 15... Thanx budd.

Peace

12K Posts

March 21st, 2008 06:00

Nothing in that large block either.

2.3K Posts

March 21st, 2008 07:00

Click Here then.

Peace

No Events found!