Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 4th, 2008 18:00

XP sp 3

Symantec has created a tool to prevent problems with XP sp3. Just run Symantec Live update until it shows no updates availabe then re-boot. Symantec iscreating a tool to clean out the bad registery junk that XP sp 3 installs. I don't know the release date.

Hope this helps

1.5K Posts

June 4th, 2008 21:00

@scifiman wrote:

Symantec iscreating a tool to clean out the bad registery junk that XP sp 3 installs.

Good gosh almighty, lol...  Where on earth did you get that info ??????

By the way, there are many who will say that Symantec in itself is a  problem....:smileyvery-happy:

2 Posts

June 5th, 2008 11:00

I got the info from Symantec. Symantec antivirus, and some other antivirus programs were "seeing" a certain file in SP 3 as "bad" and blocked the file. This caused the problems with device manager and internet connections manager.

Just run Symantec Live Update until your told there are no more updates, reboot and then install SP3. I installed SP3 in "safe boot" then re-booted and everything seems to be fine.

Best regards to all

1.5K Posts

June 5th, 2008 11:00

Cool... glad all is well.  Not sure where I had read it, but I remembered seeing some mention of a potential conflict and/or false report from Norton; not 100% positive of exactly what it detected.

But anyways, glad you're all set... take care...:smileyhappy:

No Events found!