Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

June 1st, 2015 06:00

Single image sent to one client but imaged multiple clients

Single image sent to one client but imaged multiple clients

So I have about 80 R90 thin clients all with XPe running on them.

I have been using my WDM to image my clients with a image I built. Its been going well and I have done about 40 of them so far.

Last week I sent a package to one client, lets call is TC51. I sent it when the machine was logged on to windows and got the pop up box asking me to accept the package. I pressed okay and it rebooted. Normally the client but start its imaging (via Merlin) but it didn’t. It just booted back to the Windows log on screen.

I tried this multiple times and it did not work. I ended the process and called it a day.

The next morning I got an early call saying that multiple clients were imaging itself. It turns out about 8 clients in the office we imaging from the WDM.

I checked the WDM and found that TC51 had been imaged 8 times but when I looked closely in the logs it shown it had been imaged 8 times to 8 different MAC address. This is how my 8 machines all got imaged.

I have never had this issue before and now I don’t trust my WDM. Does anyone have any ideas has to how this could have happened?

No Responses!
No Events found!