Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2017 22:00

Dell WYSE USB Imaging Tool Not Working

It seems this USB Imaging tool is not working correctly.  I must downgrade version to make USB disk  for WTOS or SUSE Linux client.  However whatever version I have just does not work with ThinLinux RSP files, I get the following error.  Not sure what to try next to resolve this issue.  It really should not be this hard to create USB disk.

I have tried all version available in USBFT directories at http://downloads.dell.com/wyse/USBFT/

560 Posts

April 4th, 2017 12:00

Try downloading the images that have " _merlin.exe" in the filename.

8 Posts

April 4th, 2017 15:00

Roger,

Thanks that fixed the problem only on a W7 workstation.  I continue to get the prompt on a W10 workstation. Do you know if the program is compatible with Windows 10?

560 Posts

April 4th, 2017 16:00

Yes it is. Verify that you are using 64Bit option for Windows 10.

8 Posts

April 4th, 2017 19:00

I have 64-Bit W10 install.  In the USBFT I select 64 Bit OS architecture but then I get an error that the OS image does not match the architecture.  Once I switch USBFT to 32 Bit OS architecture and click "Configure USB Drive" I get an error about being unable to backup data existing on the drive on an empty drive.  W7 give same error if 64 Bit is selected, however selecting 32-Bit creates USB drive.

It is not clear from download site if there are different options for architecture.

No Events found!