Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2015 08:00

C50LE Screen Saver will not disable

C50LE Screen Saver will not disable

I have dozens of these devices and this is the only one that the screen saver will not disable. Every 2 hours the screen goes blank until there's keyboard activity. Not using INI files, just unchecked the "activate screensaver when idle" from the Control Center.

Any help?

1 Message

Hello,

I have the same problem - did anybody manage to resolve this?

Any help much appreciated.

FYI - Back in July, I found a bug with my C50LEs. I use some of my C50LEs as displays which autologin and connect to a VMWare View session, then sit idle pretty much indefinitely. What I found is that even if you add the Screensaver=0 to your INI file, the screen will still go black after 10 minutes if there is no interaction with the thin client. Once there is any interaction with it, whether at the terminal or over VNC, the Thin Client screen will not go black again. Wyse Support has been able to reproduce this problem and filed a CIR for this issue. The tech I have dealing with hoped the latest firmware (11.1.053) would address the issue, but it has not.

If this is the problem you are having, you may want to contact Wyse about it. There is no solution, but if enough people show its affecting them, maybe it will be higher priority for them to develop a fix

No Events found!