Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A2

May 25th, 2015 05:00

T50 Slow RDP Session

T50 Slow RDP Session

Hi,

We use a few T50's connecting via RDP to a Terminal Server environment (Windows Server 2008).
The connection appears to be quite slow - when writing an email or text document, there is a noticeable lag between keypress to the content appearing.
When in Excel or similar programs, this lag is worse to the point the program becomes almost unusable.

Any ideas what could be causing this, or if there are any settings we can play with to speed things up?
At the moment this restriction is causing us to reconsider the use of the Thin Clients in our environment as users are becoming frustrated.

Same here!
Always a ms of lag, whatever action you do even marking an area on the Desktop is a bi laggy.
TCX and Multimedia works like a charm but with those general lags we won`t be able to use the T50.

Support wanted me to install the Addom-Packet "triton_1.018" but how do I do this without WDM? I don`t have the time to install WDM and would like to do the update manually on the thin client.
I tried installing the .debs with dpkg but this didn`t help.

Could a technician help us?

Thanks a lot!

40 Posts

And there was me thinking there had been two pages of discussion since I last looked!

40 Posts

Anyone else suffering slow RDP sessions?
It's really bad when running even simple Excel documents and Word documents where a standard Windows PC with similar physical hardware spec (RAM, CPU Speed etc) so I'm surprised.

40 Posts

With all the spam I missed this - just to clarify, do you know if this is an 'addon' or a firmware update? Both are possible without WDM, I'll talk you through it.

Most of what I've learned with these things is purely off my own back - Wyse have been pretty unhelpful past the original sales team engineers, asking me to do things in a way that expects my knowledge of their system (which luckily I've learned).
One of their 'issues' was with my wlx.ini, as it wouldn't open in the unofficial, unsupported tool ConfGen - which turned out to be caused by the way hashed passwords are stored!

My speed issues are still really noticeable, not to mention I've had to work in a bodge to get the numlock to be on from boot, and another bodge to get the UK keyboard layout to propagate across to the RDP session!
I'm actually really surprised there are enterprise-level organisations able to deploy these things by the thousand, when we're having difficulty with 8!

1 Message

May 25th, 2015 06:00

we should be watching in order to determine what have prepared usb flash with usb flash utility. problem is that i can't enter boot menu with

pass-4sure www.pass-4sure.in
actualtests actualtests 640-816 braindumps
actualtests ccent actualtests ccent certification
actualtests 640-802 actualtests 640-802 braindumps
actualtests 640-822 actualtests 640-822 braindumps

9 Posts

May 25th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

I have the same speeding problems with RDP connections to our Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server, it is very very slow while working with MS Office applications.
The latest firmware 1.027 made these speeding problems worse, it is not possible to work with.
I have reverted back to firmware 1.018.

Rene.

No Events found!