This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 25th, 2015 02:00

T50 having some issues with DHCP server

T50 having some issues with DHCP server

A couple of my T50s are showing issues getting the proper DHCP configuration during boot. They're getting the IP addresses fine, but the nameservers aren't being set. If I run the command "sudo dhclient -r eth0" to release the lease, and then run "sudo dhclient eth0" to renew it the IP address and nameservers are always set up properly.

Any suggestions? I've tried updating to the latest firmware, but I'm having problems with that (see other post )

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 12th, 2015 06:00

Still no resolution to this. I've tried setting up the dhclient commands in a script run under rc2.d but it hasn't had any effect. We now have 3 T50s that are showing this behavior. I'm about to give up on this and return all the T50s we have and look for an alternative. I tried logging a support ticket with Tech Support, but they haven't been very responsive. So, I'm about done with them. It's too bad. It seemed like a nice little package and I was hoping we could make further use of them. But, it's just taking too much work to deal with the issues.

No Events found!