Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 31st, 2015 08:00

3G/4G connection problems via autodiscovery

3G/4G connection problems via autodiscovery

I'm having problems connecting to my win7 machine over 3G/4G. Every time I try via 3G/4G it crashes and says "Network currently not reachable".

I am using Autodiscovery, and I'm on Verizon's network. I'm having the exact same problem with both an HTC Thunderbolt and a Motorola Bionic. I can see my home machine just fine over 3G/4G, even enter my password and accept the certificate, but once it tries to actually establish the connection it seems to crash the phone's network connection.

I have confirmed this happens whether I'm on 3G or 4G, with both RDP (with or without NLA) and VNC. It works great over WiFi so I think I have it all set up correctly - the problem is I really need to use it over my mobile network, otherwise I wouldn't have paid for the Pro version. It used to work for me over 4G several months ago (previous version maybe?).

Anyone else having problems on Verizon's network? I'm wondering if the connection might be blocked for some reason, or maybe the app uses resources that are tied to tethering (which I do not have on my account) or something like that?

9 Posts

August 4th, 2015 02:00

Forgot to mention I'm using V2.2.15 of PocketCloud Windows Companion and V1.2.237 PocketCloud Pro for Android.

9 Posts

August 11th, 2015 08:00

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Apparently there is a known issue with Verizon network for remote desktop apps.

This forum post pretty much explains that Verizon recognizes there is an issue with their 4G/3G switching.

Link:
http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discu...es/td-p/670357

Thanks for your reply. The link talks about connection problems in general, in weak 4g areas, which is not a problem for me. It didn't seem to discuss issues with remote desktop apps in particular.

Pocketcloud used to work just fine for me on Verizon's 4g network with my thunderbolt, up through about June. I thought it stopped working because of an OTA update that hit my thunderbolt early July, but when i found my new bionic was having the identical issue I started to wonder if it might be pocketcloud itself. 

Is there an APK for an earlier release of pocketcloud that I could try (from before june - free version would be fine), just to rule out a problem with the program?

1 Message

4g 3g connection

I am having the exact same problem - connects and works great through Wifi but gives a "Network currently not reachable" and session disconnected prompt through my 4g and 3g connection. I am using windows Vista Home - so its using the VNC client and a droid bionic. Configured router to manually accept port forwarding as another post suggested and it does the same thing. Really wished this work as would seriously consider upgrading to the pro version but with out access to 3/4G it doesn't do much good.

500 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Apparently there is a known issue with Verizon network for remote desktop apps.

This forum post pretty much explains that Verizon recognizes there is an issue with their 4G/3G switching.

Link:
http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discu...es/td-p/670357

Im having the same problem with my thunderbolt...

No Events found!