Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Black screen on connection attempt.

Black screen on connection attempt.

I am running a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit machine. I have downloaded on my tablet, and the pocketcloud companion installed on my computer. I used the auto configuration and on my tablet I see the connection listed (from my home network).

I have enabled the options in Windows Firewall. I have enabled Remote Desktop from all versions.

When I attempt to connect to my machine, either regular OR VNC connection, the screen on my tablet simply goes black and the screen on my PC never logs out (as if it is NOT making a connection to my desktop).

Using EITHER connection, while the screen is black, if I "tap" the screen, my tablet will beep at me.

When attempting to connect using a VNC connection and I hit the "back" button on my tablet, I am prompted with the "Do you want to disconnect?" message. After clicking YES, it says DISCONNECTING.... and stays on that screen. I have to force shut down the software.

I have logged in and out multiple times as suggesting in other postings.

I DO have Splashtop Remote HD installed on my tablet and the corresponding streamer application on my PC and that works just fine. I have UN-Installed that software on BOTH devices and attempted to connect with PocketCloud and have still had the issue, so I don't believe it is a conflict. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This is the information i submitted. I was sent a response email containing questions, and here those are along with the responses:

In response to your questions:

*1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your mobile device (see link below if you don't know how to find this information)? (REQUIRED)*

On my Tablet I am using version 1.2.182 (This is the one I am having the issue with)

On my Android Cell Phone (Motorola Photon 4g with Sprint) I am using version 1.2.182 (This connection works FINE on my phone)

*2- What version of Android is intalled on the Transformer Prime?* I am running Android 4.0.3

Build number: IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.15-20120221

*3 What version NUMBER of the Windows Companion do you have installed (e.g. 2.3.7, 2.0.22S)? (REQUIRED)* I WAS using version 2.4.8, but I see your site offers 2.4.11 and I have just downloaded and installed that version.

Both versions produce the exact same issue, a black screen only.

*4- What Type of connection are you using?* b- Discovered

*5- Have you tried connecting without the docking station/ external keyboard?*

I do not use the docking station/External Keyboard.

I was then told they do not provide this type of help and to post here. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it!!!

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Can you try disconnecting from your wifi network and choose to "Forget" the network, reboot your device, then connect to your network again to see if that helps?

Also, can you enable debugging on your companion? To do this:

-Right click on the companion icon (kite) in the system tray
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the box next to Enable Debug

I have sent you a PM with more details on how to get the log information over to me. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!