Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 30th, 2015 20:00

Error 1721 - please help

Error 1721 - please help

I am installing the pc pocketcloud companion on a windows 7 pc and get the following error

Error 1721. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: InstallVCRedist, location: C\user\..\MSI7B4A.tmp, command: /Q

The only other error similar that I found on this forum was Error 1722... I followed the instructions and still no fix.

Please help

145 Posts

July 30th, 2015 20:00

It seems some program did not clean up properly. You may need to try this below. I found this instruction in Microsoft website

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-145a09041188

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’d suggest you to do a System File Checker (SFC) scan on your computer. SFC tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.
To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
3. At the command prompt, the following line, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
Check the below link for details:
How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
Once SFC scan is done, try and install the program in administrator mode.
To install the drivers (software) in administrator mode,
1. Locate the program icon, right-click click Run as administrator.
2. When the UAC message is displayed, do one of the following:
• If you are logged on as a standard user, or if UAC is configured to always require credentials, enter the appropriate administrative credentials, and then click OK.
• If you are logged on as an administrator and UAC is not configured to always require credentials, click Yes to start the application.
Proceed with the installation and check if that solves the issue.
Hope this helps!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!