Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 31st, 2015 23:00

I can see my computer, but Windows 7 wont let me login

I can see my computer, but Windows 7 wont let me login

I can see my computer from my D1 Droid, but when I click on it i get this error message:
Logon failure: user account restriction: possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restriction, or a policy restriction has been enforced

I'm using Windows 7 Pro, and have the companion software installed. I dont know if there is a setting that is off or what. I currently dont have a logon password when I start up Windows and want to keep it that way. I dont know if this is the cause and if so is there a workaround?

Any help would be appreciated

2 Posts

July 31st, 2015 23:00

I have the exact same problem with my Windows 7 Ultimate!
Someone help

2 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Can you please make sure your windows desktop account has a password set.
If you dont want to set, Please Try this. Please let me know if it works.

Try logging in as administrator first.

Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box.

Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”, and then hit Apply. 

You’ll see a username and password box. Enter in the appropriate information here and hit OK:
That was the first thing I tried, but it doesn't work. My computer logs in automatically, doesn't show the log in screen...
Any other idea?

925 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Can you please make sure your windows desktop account has a password set.
If you dont want to set, Please Try this. Please let me know if it works.

Try logging in as administrator first.

Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box.

Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”, and then hit Apply. 

You’ll see a username and password box. Enter in the appropriate information here and hit OK:

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 09:00

Hi,

In order to access your PC remotely you MUST have a password. This is for security reason. Please set a password and you'll be able to login

No Events found!