Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

PG

July 30th, 2015 23:00

Keyboard no show

Keyboard no show

The keyboard does not show when manually selected. The 5 top buttons appear (Function keys,Ctrl, etc) but no keyboard.

Tried also with RDP companion on Server 2003 machine - no auto pop. Screen clicks and sounds all seem to work as they should.

Viewsonic 7 running Android 2.2 with Pocketcloud 1.2.165

Any help pls?

July 30th, 2015 23:00

I'm experiencing the exactly same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note.

The Galaxy Note is brand new and I just installed Smart Keyboard Pro and
Pocket Cloud Pro. But the Keyboard won't appear only the 5 top buttons. 
If I disable Smart Keyboard Pro and use the standard Samsung Keyboard,
the keyboard appears at the first try but when I rotate the device the keyboard
disappears and never appears again. 
The same combination worked fine on my previous Galaxy S.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

1.3K Posts

July 31st, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by paul g View Post

The keyboard does not show when manually selected. The 5 top buttons appear (Function keys,Ctrl, etc) but no keyboard. 

Tried also with RDP companion on Server 2003 machine - no auto pop. Screen clicks and sounds all seem to work as they should. 

Viewsonic 7 running Android 2.2 with Pocketcloud 1.2.165 

Any help pls?

Do you have any 3rd party keyboards or external keyboards installed? Are you experiencing the same issue while connected via VNC? Have you tried using the PocketCloud Companion for an automatic connection? 

Quote Originally Posted by Aika View Post
I'm experiencing the exactly same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note.

The Galaxy Note is brand new and I just installed Smart Keyboard Pro and
Pocket Cloud Pro. But the Keyboard won't appear only the 5 top buttons. 
If I disable Smart Keyboard Pro and use the standard Samsung Keyboard,
the keyboard appears at the first try but when I rotate the device the keyboard
disappears and never appears again. 
The same combination worked fine on my previous Galaxy S.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

If you launch the application with the standard Android keyboard enabled, does it still not show if the device is rotated? And does it disappear with the keyboard displayed when you rotate it or is the keyboard hidden when it is rotated and when you try to show it again it does not show? What operating system / version are you connecting to (Windows or Mac, Vista, XP, 7, etc)?

August 11th, 2015 22:00

OK it was WiFi, so I tried disabling it and going via phone HSPA. No joy. Aothorises card the hangs with "Startiing Download" msg. Hope I am not going to get multiple charges for this - eeek!
btw have rebooted Viewpad. NB. I am using the UPGRADE TO POCKETCLOUD PRO button from the app itself. There is also an Ad at the top offering 40% off upgrade - which seems to go the same place in the Market and the same price! £5.79 Is that right?

While searching for an answer to the Android Market problem I mention above I discovered several threads relating to this very KEYBOARD PROBLEM! 

It seems that we are reinventing the wheel as it has already been solved back in March - and is disappointing that none of us (inc me) checked properly!! What a waste of everyones time :-(

Here is a link to one thread which concludes that it is a prob with the inbuilt keyboard of the Viewpad 7.

http://community.wyse.com/forum/prin...6&pp=10&page=3

PS. I would still like advice re buying the Pro version though please? ;-)

1.3K Posts

Here is a link to the Android Marketplace troubleshooting page for the issue you are having:
http://www.google.com/support/androi...answer=1067233

Please let me know if you are still having trouble with this.

As for the pricing, the £5.79 is the correct price (40% off). The promo will be ending this week.

Ok I understand especially considering the fact that the Galaxy Note has just been released.
And since I do have a walkaround, I'll just wait until it gets fixed.

Thank you for the help.

1 Message

keyboard is not showing up on HTC flyer

Hello,

I have the pro version and it worked just fine until recently (maybe after an update). I have the companion installed and i'm running Honeycomb OS (it's an early dev versiosn). Auto-activate is on. What should i do?

thanks

4 Posts

Similar problem with HTC Desire HD phone. I do not see Android keyboard (virtual). I do not have external keyboard. I get to the windows log-in screen (to enter username and password). Since I am not a magician I can not enter them (in the settings I have "keyboard AUTO-ACTIVATE" option ON selected). I have Windows Companion on my Desktop.
Should I expect to see virtual keyboard at this stage? (when seeing uname and password for my windows)? I am relatively new user of the phone. Any clues / hints / advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks, Lech

1.3K Posts

homerscousin, sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you, but we are releasing a new version this week that will fix the issue on the Flyer. Please keep an eye out for the update!

Josh, I have got around the prob by installing GO Keyboard + their pad plugin. This seems to work just fine AND auto-pops kerboard with your Companion software installed on the Win 2003 terminal server. Whoopeee!

The only prob now is how to download the Pro version to try out (thru the Android Market) I pay then it says Downloading - but hangs! (several times). Refund/try again - still same. Any ideas? Is there another way?

Cheers

1.3K Posts

panol, to activate they keyboard, tap on the pointer, and from here you can select the keyboard on the pointer options. They keyboard should show from there. The keyboard AUTO-ACTIVATE function only works once you are logged into your machine. So when you tap on a text field, the keyboard should automatically show from there. Please let me know if this does not resolve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

If you launch the application with the standard Android keyboard enabled, does it still not show if the device is rotated? And does it disappear with the keyboard displayed when you rotate it or is the keyboard hidden when it is rotated and when you try to show it again it does not show? What operating system / version are you connecting to (Windows or Mac, Vista, XP, 7, etc)?
I didn't do the enough experience with the standard keyboard last time since I was more concerned about the Smart Keyboard Pro. Anyway here is the exact symptom.

With the standard keyboard, it shows when in Landscape mode but if I turn it to Portrait mode the keyboard disappears (only top 5 keys remain). If I turn it again the keyboard appears again.
If I start in Portrait mode and press the Keyboard icon, the keyboard won't appear (only top 5 keys appear) but when I turn it to Landscape mode the keyboard appears again. And of course it disappears if I turn it again.

With the Smart Keyboard Pro the keyboard never appears regardless of the direction. 

I use two systems, one is Windows 7 64 bit the other is Windows 7 32 bit both system shows the same symptom.

I just made a new discovery. In the Portrait mode when I push the keyboard icon only the top 5 keys will appear. But in this state, if I put the Galaxy Note in sleep mode (either by pressing the power button or automatic screen timeout) and then wake it up, the keyboard appears. This trick also works for the Smart Keyboard Pro in Portrait mode though not in Landscape mode. The phone always wakes up in Portrait mode and even if the keyboard is showing, it disappears when I rotate it to Landscape mode. With the standard keyboard, since it is already working in Landscape mode, the keyboard remains when I rotate it to Landscape mode, but it disappears again when I turn it back to Portrait mode. 

Thank you for the help.

OK thx. 

NB. I dont have any workaround. I cannot type into it - period   

I presume there is no point in me buying the Pro version? It will be the same? (on this hardware - if that is the issue)

1.3K Posts

Thanks for all of the additional information and I am sorry you are still having trouble. I am going to look into this further, but it is sounding like the issues you guys are having may be a device specific. Unfortunately the engineering team cannot get their hands on all devices when they first come out, but it is possible this could be resolved in a future release. For now, it sounds as though you have somewhat of a work around. Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing in the meantime.

1.3K Posts

Paul, sorry I missed that thread too. Glad to hear that the fix is just downloading a 3rd party keyboard.

As for the downloading issue, what type of connection are you using when you are trying to download it (wifi, 3g/4g)? Try changing from wifi to 3g/4g or vice versa then attempt to download.

No Events found!