cswope
1 Copper

Problem logging in to Auto Discovery over 3G with a certain account.

Problem logging in to Auto Discovery over 3G with a certain account.

I've been trolling through the other similar issues here with no luck, so here goes.

I have a client that is using Pocket Cloud for Android. The issue I will discuss is 100% reproducible on my EVO.

The system my client connects to is Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. The Pocket Cloud Windows Companion version is 2.1.11 and has been uninstalled and reinstalled during the course of troubleshooting. There is no problem logging in to the client's Google account from the Windows Companion.

I am able to RDP to the Windows client from another Windows PC using the public IP, so we know that RDP works. Likewise, a manual connection setup on the Android app also works (even on 3G).

When using the client's Google account to log into Auto Discovery on Android, I get the error, "Login Failed. Please check your credentials and your network connection, and then try again." Note that this error ONLY occurs over a 3G connection. If I am on WiFi, the client's login works fine.

When I change to using my Google account, there is no problem on 3G or WiFi.

Following past suggestions found here, I am able to log in to the client's Google account via web browser. I am also able to log in to Gtalk. Following the sticky's suggestion, I logged out and back in, but there is no CAPTCHA.

Any ideas why a particular Gmail account will not authenticate for Auto Discovery on a 3G connection?

Edit: FYI, there is no 3G signal strength issue, my tests have been done with 6 bars.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Problem logging in to Auto Discovery over 3G with a certain account.

1) Open Android browser.
2) Navigate to gmail.com.
3) Sign in with your username & password.
4) Re-launch PocketCloud and sign into Auto Discovery.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos