Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 9th, 2015 21:00

Reconnected internet = unable to access

Reconnected internet = unable to access

My internet connection on my computer goes down randomly for about 10 seconds and then comes back up. When it comes back up the Windows Companion claims that it's still connected to Google when it's actually not. I attempt to connect via my Android phone and I get an error that the computer is not on. I have to manually "disconnect" from Google on my computer and then connect again and then I can connect with my Android to the computer. But this clearly defeats the purpose altogether...

Any ideas?

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Treader View Post

A quick fix to get by for now is to make a batch file that resets the service on the half hour using using Scheduled tasks.

It will kick you off, if you are remotely connected when the batch file executes.

Batch file contains:

NET STOP WYSEPOCKETCLOUD
NET START WYSEPOCKETCLOUD
Hello, could you possibly explain this further? Batch file on the android device or PC? How do you execute this?
Thanks

200 Posts

Thanks for bringing this up. We are looking into this and will have a maintenance release in the coming weeks.

4 Posts

Having a similar issue, I have to go back and restart the Wyse Pocketcloud services on the PC, once I do that everything works normally for a few hours before I lose connectivity to the discovered connections on the phone app. Manual connections work normally.

7 Posts

Thank you!

Worked like a charm.

4 Posts

A quick fix to get by for now is to make a batch file that resets the service on the half hour using using Scheduled tasks.

It will kick you off, if you are remotely connected when the batch file executes.

Batch file contains:

NET STOP WYSEPOCKETCLOUD

7 Posts

more

Forgot to mention...its not the computer losing the connection, that always remains connected to the router; but rather its the modem dropping access to the outside world for a few seconds then bringing it back soon after.

That's probably why the companion doesn't login again, but it should be noticing the lack of connection nonetheless. Maybe it should perform pings each minute instead of assuming all is well if windows claims connectivity.

7 Posts

August 9th, 2015 22:00

1) Create a text file with Notepad on your PC
2) Add the following two lines to the text file:

NET STOP WYSEPOCKETCLOUD

3) Save the text file as "wysecloud.bat"
4) Find where you saved the file and ensure that the extension is indeed .bat (sometimes Windows will change it to .bat.txt which would be incorrect in this case)
5) Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Task Scheduler (may be called something else on different versions of Windows)
6) Create a task that simply runs wysecloud.bat every 30 minutes (or however often you feel your connection drops)
7) Save...

No Events found!