This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Remote machine Unavailable

Remote machine Unavailable

Mobile Phone == HTC desire, Android2.2
Pc Windows 7 Ultimate
PocketClould Companion 2.03

Hi,
I purchased your app last night from the Android market, Installed the companion software on my PC, ran auto discovery on my phone, and connected to my PC first time .

Problem:

I re tried this morning, the computer was powered up, but asleep. I could not connect. No problem I "woke" the Pc, and retried. I still get this error message

"Remote Machine Unavailable

The remote machine you aretrying to connect to is offline and unavailable"

Ok Now I now I cant connect whilst my machine is asleep, but How do I connect when its awake, and rid myself of this error message

Many thanks

Sean

145 Posts

August 5th, 2015 01:00

We could reproduce this issue and will be addressed in the next release.

4 Posts

August 5th, 2015 01:00

Had the same problem, seems to be a known issue. This thread may help until they release a new update.

Thread titled "Reconnected-internet-unable-to-access" cannot seem to publish a link to it

623 Posts

August 11th, 2015 09:00

Godshousa,
The issue will be adressed on the next release. Please stay tuned.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post
Can you provide following details

1. Can you able to connect to your desktop from any desktop based VNC client?
2. Can you try doing a manual VNC connection from PocketCloud. You can do by tapping "+" and selecting VNC and providing your connection settings. This will allow us to know whether it is a VNC related issue or automatic discovery problem.
3. What is your companion version?

Even though I purchased the PAID version of PocketCloud, I have yet to locate any meaningful support from Wyse as to how to configure my Android's settings or the Windows companion version. I purchased PocketCloud because I thought it would provide a SIMPLE, secure means by which I could access my home office computer from my Droid while out of the office. So...

1. I have NO IDEA how to use a desktop-based VNC client to test my Windows setup. 
2. I don't know how to set the connection settings to connect manaully. For example, where do I find my "Host Address"? (I am behind a router and a firewall, yet I can't find any information from Wyse about how to configure them to allow a connection.) My port IS 5900...the defult.
3. My Companion version is 2.1. (I was unable to download ANY version form the Wyse site.)

Can anyone help?

145 Posts

This issue normally happen when pocket cloud companion is not updating the server status to the device. To troubleshoot this issue can you please do the following in order.

1. Restart VNC server first.
2. Then restart the PocketCloud Companion. You can exit pocketcloud companion from tray and launch it from Start Menu.

623 Posts

DW,
Can you provide some information on your environment?
What is the OS on your computer (Windows XP PRO, Windows 7 Home, etc.)?
What type of connection are you using (RDP, VNC, View)?
If using VNC, What is name of the VNC Server manufacturer and the version?
How are you connecting (Wi-Fi or 3G)?
You can also obtain the documentation for Pocketcloud at www.wyse.com/manuals and search for KB# 20015.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the PAID version of PocketCloud installed on my Motorola Milestone XT701 Android phone, and PocketCloud Companion installed on my Windows 7 Home Premium desktop computer...which is behind a D-Link Wired/Wireless router. I use Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2011. Loopback discovery is trurned on in UltraVNC. 

I successfully logged into Auto Discovery using my Google account info on the Droid and PocketCloud Windows Companion. When I ran Pocketcloud on my Droid it immediately found my desktop computer, but gave me the following message: "Remote Machine Unavailable - The remote machine you are trying to reach is offline and unavailable". However. my Windows machine IS online and CAN send and recevie data over the internet...torrent downloads, for example.

What's the hang up?

1. Restart VNC server first.
2. Then restart the PocketCloud Companion. You can exit pocketcloud companion from tray and launch it from Start Menu.

Thanks for your offer of assistance, but following your instructions didn't allow me to connect. I still recevie the same message. I have run the PocketCloud diagnostic, and everything is fine...but i still can't connect.

What next, i wonder? Look slike I wasted my money. :-(

145 Posts

Can you provide following details

1. Can you able to connect to your desktop from any desktop based VNC client?
2. Can you try doing a manual VNC connection from PocketCloud. You can do by tapping "+" and selecting VNC and providing your connection settings. This will allow us to know whether it is a VNC related issue or automatic discovery problem.
3. What is your companion version?

I followed your instructions, but no progress. 
The Mahcine showed up on the PocketCloud screen, and I was able to enter the VNC password, but it still won't allow me to connect. :-(
Same message...

I just noticed that I am receiving an error form UltraVNC about not connecting to 127.0.0.1

145 Posts

We are sorry that you are having trouble in connecting. We would like to resolve your issue, so expecting some more support from you.

Can you please do the below test . This may give us more insight to your problem.

1. Can you delete the computer name from your device. You can do this by doing following
a. Tap and Hold the computer name on your device for 3 second.
b. A menu will come with connect, edit and delete.
c. Tap delete.
2. Now re-login to the gmail from settings page.
3. This should bring back the devices in your connections page. Please note the state of the icons, whether it is grayed or not?
4. If it is grayed, you will get the same error message. else you should able to connect.

1 Message

I downloaded pocketcloud yesterday by choosing the option auto discovery. at the beginning it immediately worked. but after a couple of hours i re-tried to make a connection and it came the same notification as for SeanKnowles. are there some news for it?

1 Message

Remote Machine Unavailable

"The remote machine you are trying to connect to is offline an d unavailable."

Sitting in front of my computer, I auto-connected for the first time a few minutes ago, but when I tried to use the connection, the program closed (on the android phone). Now it displays this message when I try to reconnect. I have never successfully obtained any response from my computer, just a message on the phone that I had successfully connected.

August 11th, 2015 10:00

Talking
I hope your loopback connections is enabled.
Is it possible for you try TightVNC(download from www.tightvnc.com) or any other VNC, so that we can isolate whether it is a vnc or pocketcloud issue.

Yes...loopback was enebled in UltraVNC...however, everythying is OK after switching to TightVNC! Thanks for the tip! 

I reached my Windows 7 desktop from my Droid using the PocketCloud/TightVNC combo on the FIRST try, and have connected several times since! I even used PocketCloud to copy a file from a folder on my Windows machine to my DropBox folder so that I could access it from my Droid.

Fantasitic!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! 

Chuck

No Events found!