Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 22:00

TF700T Poor RDP Performance?

TF700T Poor RDP Performance?

Hello everyone,

I purchased the paid for version of PocketCloud today and the performance was really really poor, an extreme lag between interacting with the tool and it responding.

I am using an ASUS TF700T with the keyboard dock and typing on the screen was occurring 3-4 seconds after typing on the keyboard.

I verified that using a regular computer to RDP to this computer has no such issues so it isn't that the computer is sluggish over RDP, quite the opposite!

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on what I may be running into and how to resolve it? I really want to love the app but at this point it's been a bit disappointing.

Thanks in advance!
Iskondi

1.3K Posts

Have you tried restarting your wireless router and device to see if that helps at all?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1 Message

I am experiencing exact the same issue on my Samsung galaxy s3. Local wifi network connecting to a windows7 media centre. The rdp is slick from my laptop client, but poor from pocketcloud, so I am certain that it is not a network issue.

1.3K Posts

Are you using the device over wifi or 3G/4G? How is the network signal? I have the same setup and I am not seeing this behavior.

Josh Maurer

No I was running over wifi to another machine on our local network. I tried two different networks and machines. 

1. At the office
2. A personal desktop at home

It is either the tf700t that I have or something odd with the software as remoting into either of those machines from another computer worked great. 

I also used Splashtop to successfully log in with great performance but really want a good RDP client vs something I need to install of every machine. 

Thanks!
Iskondi

Thus far just manual connections.

1.3K Posts

Interesting, are you using a manual connection or auto-discovery? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of the companion software are you using?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Are you using the companion software or are you doing this over a manual connection? 

What firmware is your device using and do you have a lot of apps running on the device when you are experiencing this?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!