Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Two characters entered when using secondary characters on keyboard

Two characters entered when using secondary characters on keyboard

I have a Droid Incredible running 2.2 and using the stock keyboard and PocketCloud Pro. When using the secondary character option (hold finger on a key and other characters pop up for selection), two characters are entered. I primary character of the key is entered, then the secondary key that I select. I have verified that this occurs with multiple keys, not just one specifically.

I first noticed this at the login screen of a remote Windows XP computer when entering the @ symbol. Both s and @ were entered. I have tested this in Notepad on the remote computer and the same behavior occurs.

The problem does not occur in other applications on my phone. The problem does not occur in the free version of PocketCloud either. I just purchased PocketCloud Pro so I am disappointed to see that something that was working fine for me is now not. I am lead to believe this is a bug.

Any assistance is appreciated.

July 31st, 2015 05:00

Additional information:
I am running PocketCloud Pro 1.2.203. I realized that I didn't have the latest version of the free version, so I just updated to 1.2.103. Now I am experiencing the bug in the free version. Seems to have been introduced in the latest update. I hope this bug is fixed soon.

August 4th, 2015 03:00

I understand that there is a workaround. However, this issue did not exist in previous versions and the workaround requires me to discontinue using a feature of the Android OS whenever I use PocketCloud. This feature is designed to help enter text more efficiently . I am used to using that functionality in all apps and it is a significant nuisance to have to change the way I type for one app.

Will this bug be corrected soon? Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate your attention to this matter!

500 Posts

Sure, this bug will be fixed very soon. I just suggested to use workaround for now while we are working on this fix :-)

500 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for the report. We are looking into this problem

Thank you. Glad to hear that it is being looked into. I had a very positive experience free product, enough to buy the Pro version and look forward to having same experience with the product I did previously.

500 Posts

We reproduced this issue.

There is a work around. 
If you use letters and special characters separately then you won’t have this problem. Basically you don't have to press and hold the latter to get secondary character option.
Use letters keyboard to enter letters and then change to digits/special characters keyboard to use digits or special characters.

August 6th, 2015 08:00

I'm curious if there is any update on this issue. Since Wyse has reproduced and acknowledged this issue, when can we expect it to be resolved?

Thanks

It has been another week. Is there an update on this issue? I'd appreciate quicker resolution than this since it is an app that I paid for.

925 Posts

Fred, Can you please use swype keyboard if your phone is bundled with it.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

I am waiting for an answer on this. I will update you as soon as I hear.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

New release is coming soon with Samsung Keyboard fixes

925 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Great to hear this. Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 7th, 2015 03:00

I have updated PocketCloud Pro to version 1.2.207 and PocketCloud to 1.2.108. The secondary character entry issue is resolved in both versions. 
Thanks

No Events found!