Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 3rd, 2015 08:00

Unable to connect to the server

Unable to connect to the server

Okay i realize that yall are probably so sick of hearing about this but I need some help.
I can't get this to work at all. Ive tried using the auto discovery option, also tried using the RDP option. I have a professional XP SP 3, I have allowed for remote access, I am an administrator so I know thats not the problem. I have tried running the auto discovery and when that happens, I get kicked off the physical laptop, but then the Droid asks me to login, and I do, but there is just a black screen. So then I tried the RDP way and set up a static IP address on my D-Link router, just like it says. I used the exact ports that it suggests, 3389 I believe. Well obviously it isn't working. Please help me, because I have tried many different remote access programs, including remote desktop, and this one is much cheaper and more user friendly so id much rather use it. thanks.

1) My computer has a username and password and i put that, but no its just a home laptop.
2) I only have one? Well I have a desktop but it isn't wireless? should i try that?
3) it says success.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post

It would be helpful if you can try connecting from another PC to rule out any RDP issues.
One additional thing that might help us try reproduce your problem is if you can send us a detailed list of your settings (resolutions, RDP Performance Tuning settings, etc)
In the mean time while we troubleshoot this you could also install a Free VNC server on your windows Machine so you can connect using VNC
what exact details will you need? I hate to call myself a noob or anything, but not sure what exactly will be helpful to you.

925 Posts

Is the autoconnection grayed out on your device? 
Can you please make sure your remote desktop settings on desktop is " allow computer running any version of rdp"
Please turn on settings-options-wallpaper, themes

Wyse PocketCloud Team

the auto connection isn't grayed out. It will let me "connect" but when the login pops up to connect to the laptop, i type in my username and password and then the screen just turns black, i tried turning on wallpaper and themes also, that still didn't work. and my laptop doesn't have an option for allow computer running any version. it only has the option to allow remote access. and that is clicked.

200 Posts

Let us try to help you with this.
1) Does your computer is part of a Domain? If so enter 'domain\username' in your user name field
2) Do you have a second computer you can try to RDP from to the same machine?
3) When you run 'Diagnostic' on the Windows Companion everything works fine?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

do you have a vncserver on the same remote desktop? do you see 2 auto connections to the same desktop.. Is the desktop in sleep mode...any details on the desktop state..

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

It would be helpful if you can try connecting from another PC to rule out any RDP issues.
One additional thing that might help us try reproduce your problem is if you can send us a detailed list of your settings (resolutions, RDP Performance Tuning settings, etc)
In the mean time while we troubleshoot this you could also install a Free VNC server on your windows Machine so you can connect using VNC

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 4th, 2015 21:00

I am glad you like it. Thanks Steve!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

no i will try to download a vnc server and see if that works.

okay, i was able to get it to work using a VNC server. So i guess thats all I need. Still don't know why it wouldn't work any other way. but i will deffinetely buy it now. this is totally worth the money. thanks for all the help guys.

now i feel like an idiot again, the program worked last night, then i took my laptop to school with me, and now the program is not working anymore at my house.

925 Posts

is your connection grayed out or looks active?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!