Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 2nd, 2015 02:00

VNC Password missing/How to set VNC password?

Post VNC Password missing/How to set VNC password? 

Hi, 

I have just installed pocketcloud on an android 2.2 phone (Galaxy S) & Windows 7 64bit pc. Logged in to googlemail account on both pocketcloud app and pc companion app, set up port forwarding on router. Pocketcloud on phone can see my pc. When I open the listed VNC connection I see a screen stating that the VNC password is missing. How do I find out what this password is or where would you set it?

Thanks

Neil

623 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

By default VNC is not installed on Windows devices. I you wnat to use VNC, you would need to install a VNC server.
Please review the PocketCloud Admin Guide for recommendations. You can download the Admin Guide at www.wyse.com/kb and search for "20015" 

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

I am having the same issue as above, I followed the kb link and am still having the "password missing" then "password wrong" message. I configured the Pocketcloud client correctly. Droid X.

Ryan

2 Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

Same happens to me, please help?

1.3K Posts

August 14th, 2015 00:00

Please follow the instructions below to reset your VNC password:

1. On the computer you have the companion installed on, select the start menu and Control Panel.

2. Open Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features).

3. Uninstall TightVNC and/or any other VNC applications that may be installed.

4. Uninstall the Wyse PocketCloud Companion

5. Download the latest version of the Companion application here:

http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

6. Install PocketCloud Companion. In the installation, you will be prompted to create a VNC password. This will be the password you enter when prompted in PocketCloud on your mobile device.

Let me know if this does not help. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

17 Posts

Oddly enough by running it under application mode server... It worked for me. and adding it to startup, and removing the origional in msconfig startup

17 Posts

Is tight VNC running as a "service" or "server"? 

1.3K Posts

Technically it does both. It is installed as a service when the Companion software is installed. 

Josh Maurer

17 Posts

Fyi on my xp machine it would not accept any password till i shut it down and changed to run as server. i had to remove the origional from startup, and put the run as server in the startup folder. My windows 7 machine ran fine from normal install.
Also make sure if you change, you set the password.

1.3K Posts

Good to hear and thanks for posting your workaround. 

Josh Maurer

No Events found!