Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

NB

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

VNC shortcuts and key combination

VNC shortcuts and key combination

I am looking at using PocketCloud in a corporate environment with UltraVNC server running on various machines for access. I need to be able to connect and control them with a FroYo-based Tablet. I have already tried it and it works pretty well so far.

Here are the questions:

1. I have a large number of machines to control and have created .vnc shortcuts for each so that they may be copied to the necessary laptops/desktops for control without having to manually set up each connection. How do I get those into PocketCloud? I really do not have time to set up each one again manually. Also, I am hoping to deploy android tablets to the necessary personnel and do not want to have to do it over and over again.

2. My servers are all running Windows and have the desktop locked when not in use, but I have yet to find a way to send a CTRL+ALT+DEL sequence to unlock or lock them back.

Any ideas?

August 5th, 2015 22:00

So ... no actual support by the developers then?

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Please do not suggest RDP - not an option.

August 12th, 2015 08:00

How/where does PocketCloud store the connection information for the ones I set up manually?

Sorry lana, no offense, but you just did not understand what I was asking. That's ok.

Chris - Thank you for actually answering my questions!
There is hope for you guys yet. I guess I will have to see if you add the .vnc before I find another solution. If someone has some working code I would be glad to beta-test for you. 
I simply do not have the time to go through the same steps scores of times for each device's connection.

544 Posts

1. I have a large number of machines to control and have created .vnc shortcuts for each so that they may be copied to the necessary laptops/desktops for control without having to manually set up each connection. How do I get those into PocketCloud? I really do not have time to set up each one again manually. Also, I am hoping to deploy android tablets to the necessary personnel and do not want to have to do it over and over again.

At this time we don't support initiating a connection from a .vnc file. We plan to support this at some time in the future though.

2. My servers are all running Windows and have the desktop locked when not in use, but I have yet to find a way to send a CTRL+ALT+DEL sequence to unlock or lock them back.

1) Connect to the remote desktop from PocketCloud.
2) Tap the menu key on your Android device.
3) Select "Function Keys".
4) Tap the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys on the top of the screen so that they are lit up.
5) Tap the "Del" key on the bottom of the screen.

500 Posts

Information is stored locally on the phone encrpyted. We do not keep customer's connection information. 
Thanks

So, I guess that means the developers don't know the answer to this question.
Shame. Guess I will look at the competitors.

623 Posts

Sorry for the delay in our response.
The only recommendation I have for this is to install the Windows Companion on your servers. This will allow you to discover the servers automatically.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!