Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Vnc/rdp

Vnc/rdp

So i got both an auto discovery and a manual for RDP to run with my android phone and my computer (win7 ultimate). But i was wondering if there was a way that i can use my computer remotely without it going into the log in screen. I noticed you can do this with a mac but i been having issues with it on my PC.

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 00:00

RDP connections only allow 1 user to be logged in at a time, so no matter what you will get a lock screen on the remote computer if you connect this way.

VNC on the other hand shares the screen, so if you connect this way, the remote computer will show what you are doing as if you were sitting in front of it using it. Unfortunately there are some limitations to VNC connections, you wont get all of the functionality of a RDP connection. Macs only support VNC connections, Windows based computers support both RDP and VNC connections.

It sounds like you want to use a VNC connection, you will need to download a VNC application. We suggest TightVNC (it is what we install with the Companion software on Home versions of Windows). You can download TightVNC here for free:
http://tightvnc.com/download.php

Once that is installed, you will be able to connect using VNC.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!