Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Your device is not compatible with this item - Adroid Market

Your device is not compatible with this item - Adroid Market

Did a factory reset on my Android, and started reinstalling apps. After installing the free version of PocketCloud, I tried to upgrade to pocket cloud Pro (which I already own), and I get the message that "Your device is not compatible with this item.

When I reset my machine I erased everything from the internal SD.

Any idea on how I can fix this?

1.3K Posts

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Sorry to hear about the trouble with re-downloading our application, lets see if we can get this figured out. What device are you using and also what version of Android is it runng?

8 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

No Joy on these actions: 1) cleared data from Market app. 2) Uninstalled Market app. 3) Cleared data from PocketCloud free (which works very well). 4) Uninstalled PocketCloud free. 5) Opened Market app, located PocketCloud free, installed same. 6) Tested PocketCloud free - solid install, good function. 7) In running PocketCloud - select upgrade to PocketCloud Pro. Market opens to PocketCloud Pro entry, but displays device incompatible message in the marquee area.

1.3K Posts

I have heard of some people having issues downloading apps from the Marketplace if the LCD density on the device is not set to the stock 240 setting. Can you check to make sure that is set to the default 240 setting and try again? Let me know if that helps.

8 Posts

The phone is stock, and was just fully factory reset (full erase). I haven't reset or altered the screen density, and the reset should have fixed any problems o.e would think. Can you tell me how to check the density?

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately I just found out that the Bionic has been temporarily disabled (not compatible) with the Pro client due to 4g issues. The next release it will be enabled again. Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would highly suggest just using the Free client for the time being until the next version is released (hopefully sometime in the next few weeks).

8 Posts

System specs are below. Note that the factory reset was followed by a restoration from the Backup Assistant's stored data.

Specs:
Droid Bionic
System Version 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android Version 2.3.4
Kernel version 2.6.35.7-g790a33c
Build number 5.5.1_84_DBN-55

1.3K Posts

I don't have one of those phones in house and after a little more research, it looks like the device needs to be rooted to change that. While looking into this more, I found a few other suggestions from other people in support forums saying that you can try clearing all of the data from the Market Application (cookies, cache, etc.) and this will sometimes stop the error from happening. Other people also uninstalled the Market and then re-installed it. You may also want to try signing out and back in on your gmail account. Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

Two quick questions regarding the Droid Bionic, any estimate as to when the next version (compatible with the Bionic) will be released? and when it comes out will I have an issue with the licensing since I bought the app previously when I had my Droid X?

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

Hopefully we will have a new version out within the next few weeks. As for licensing, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you are using the same google account used to purchase it originally.

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j3ns View Post

The Pro version doesn't work with the Thunderbolt either (I've also heard people having problems with the Rezound), why did Wyse specifically disable the Bionic in the Market? 
I also had to factory reset my Bionic recently, and now I can't install the paid version either. I could at least use it over WiFi before, now I can't use it at all. I have verified the free version works now over 4G but I really need the NLA and extra resolutions that I paid for in the Pro version.
I also must say I'm a little frustrated that Wyse has blamed these 4G connection issues on Verizon for months, even though now it appears Wyse has fixed the problem in the free version. The paid users are left waiting ...
Like I mentioned in the other thread, it has been a Verizon issue. Motorola recently put out a firmware update that resolved the issue on the Bionic device. I am sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused you and I assure you, we are working on getting the update for the Pro version out as soon as possible. We are expecting to release it in the next couple weeks.

2 Posts

Excellent sounds great, was a little disappointed last night when I got the phone and literally 70% of the apps I was using on my X were giving me that same error message, thankfully through persistence I found the fix for all but the pocketcloud. but if it's just a few weeks that's not biggie   thanks for the response.

9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Like I mentioned in the other thread, it has been a Verizon issue. Motorola recently put out a firmware update that resolved the issue on the Bionic device. I am sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused you and I assure you, we are working on getting the update for the Pro version out as soon as possible. We are expecting to release it in the next couple weeks.
Thanks for your reply. Out of curiosity: Earlier in this thread on Dec. 1 you singled out the Pro version as being incompatible and "highly suggested" that Bionic owners use the free version, stating that the Pro version would be fixed in the coming weeks. This was before the Bionic OTA - has the free version been working with the Bionic since Dec 1, or did Wyse block market access to only the Pro version and not the free one for some reason, even though both were incompatible?

In any case I'm glad the problems are finally being addressed. Pocketcloud is an outstanding app when it works, and I've really missed having it work over Verizon 4G for the last several months, after having it work just fine over Verizon 4G for many months before that. It will be great to have it back.

9 Posts

The Pro version doesn't work with the Thunderbolt either (I've also heard people having problems with the Rezound), why did Wyse specifically disable the Bionic in the Market? 
I also had to factory reset my Bionic recently, and now I can't install the paid version either. I could at least use it over WiFi before, now I can't use it at all. I have verified the free version works now over 4G but I really need the NLA and extra resolutions that I paid for in the Pro version.
I also must say I'm a little frustrated that Wyse has blamed these 4G connection issues on Verizon for months, even though now it appears Wyse has fixed the problem in the free version. The paid users are left waiting ...

1.3K Posts

No problem at all. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 05:00

Check if your hardware is faulty?

No Events found!