Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 29th, 2015 00:00

invalid credentials for administrator acct only

invalid credentials for administrator acct only

I am using iPhone 4.5 with iOS6 and a PC with Windows 7 which is uptodate, and Norton 360. I have 2 Windows user accounts.

I am able to log on to the Remote Desktop using the guest account, which is set up not to require a password. Works perfectly.

But it gives me the "Invalid Login Credentials" when I try to login using the primary administrator account with the correct password. I have many files which can only be accessed using this account, so I need to be able to use it.

This also happens when I use my Sony Experia using Android 4.1.2:

I have rebooted both iPhone and PC to no avail. I disabled Norton's firewall and that also did not help.

1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your smartphone or tablet?
ANDROID 1.3.126 and iOS 2.2.152

2- What version NUMBER of PocketCloud Windows or Mac Companion is installed/or are you trying to install on your computer(e.g. 2.4.17, 2.0.32S, NONE)?(REQUIRED): 2.5.13
3- What Edition of Windows are you using on your Computer (e.g. Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)?: home premium
4- What is the version NUMBER of the operating system (Android/iOS) used on the smartphone or tablet?: Android 4.1.2 and iOS 6.1.3
5- What Type of connection are you using on your smartphone or tablet(Select from options below)?

b- Discovered
6- What "Connection Method" are you using on your smartphone or tablet (Select from options below)?

b- VNC

Any suggestions appreciated.

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 00:00

Do you have the companion installed on the Guest account or on the Administrator account?

Are you using a 3rd party VNC client or are you just using the companion software?

If you are using a 3rd party VNC client, it is possible that it is only installed on the guest account?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 06:00

Josh,
1) Companion installed by Adminstrator
2) Just using Companion software
3) I also tried to enter my Administrator acct using the Workgroup\Username without success

Tx

1.3K Posts

July 30th, 2015 07:00

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Have you taken a look at our knowledge-base article related to credentials and where to use what within PocketCloud? 

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...d-Credentials-

I am curious if maybe the incorrect username is being used on the administrators account?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!