mistamagic28
1 Nickel

Auto Discovery shows only one computer at a time

Exclamation Auto Discovery shows only one computer at a time

I have 2 Win7 computers (let's call them computers A and B) set up with the Windows Companion (version 2.1.5), and PocketCloud on my iPad. I log into my Google account on both Windows computers and my iPad, but only one of them (computer A) is shown in the PocketCloud app. If I stop the Wyse PocketCloud service (or log off Google) on computer A, then exit PocketCloud on my iPad, when I open PocketCloud again on my iPad computer B is shown instead. If I start the PocketCloud service (or log back in to Google) on computer A again, computer A is shown but computer B goes away. In other words, computer A "hides" computer B - I can only see computer B when the PocketCloud service is stopped (or I am signed out of Google) on computer A.

If I log out of my Google account in the Windows Companion on computer B and then log back in, computers A and B switch places - now computer B "hides" computer A, so that I can only see computer A on my iPad when the Wyse PocketCloud service is stopped (or I am logged out of Google) on computer B. (The computer that takes precedence is always the one I have signed into Google on most recently.)

Is this a known bug?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

RE: Auto Discovery shows only one computer at a time

We could not reproduce this issue in our environment. Could you give us more information on your environment?

1. Do you have two physical computers with different network cards?
2. Is the two machine connected to same router or different?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mistamagic28
1 Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post
We could not reproduce this issue in our environment. Could you give us more information on your environment?

1. Do you have two physical computers with different network cards?
2. Is the two machine connected to same router or different?

They are two different physical computers on different networks (one at work, behind a corporate firewall, and one at home).

0 Kudos
mistamagic28
1 Nickel

Both were logged into a corporate VPN. When I disconnected both, they both showed up on my iPad. Interestingly, the username that I had saved for my computer at work showed up under my home computer. Did PocketCloud think the two were the same computer for some reason? I don't think they had the same IP address on the VPN, but I can check.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mistamagic28
1 Nickel

When my work computer is connected to the VPN, it shows up twice in PocketCloud, but the second instance is grayed out. The saved password of the enabled instance is that of my home computer, seemingly indicating that PocketCloud thinks my work computer is really my home computer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

Can you check whether both of your machine has the same MAC address? We use MAC address as a unique identifier.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mistamagic28
1 Nickel

Yes, the VPN connection uses the same MAC address on both computers.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mistamagic28
1 Nickel

How do you choose which MAC address to use? You should probably use the one for the main network connection of the computer. You can do this by checking the computer's routing table, and looking up the MAC address of the interface used to reach, say, wyse.com.

In any case, it seems wrong to pick a MAC address for an ancillary connection like a VPN connection.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
katemaya445
1 Copper

can I change this address from both computers?

0 Kudos

Kate,

This product has been discontinued, so if it's still working for you, I would not change anything.

Roger Montalvo