Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 07:00

Autodiscover on PocketCloud Pro not picking up machin

Autodiscover on PocketCloud Pro not picking up machine

I am having problems getting a machine at work to show up on Pocketcloud Pro under Autodiscover. At my house I can discover my MacBook Pro no problem. However, my Win7Pro machine at work will not show up. If I VPN in with my iPad and manually enter in the Win7's IP address I can remote onto it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as cycle my login info. There is no local firewall or A/V software blocking it on the machine at work, and I do not use a proxy server. Is there a change on my ASA I need to make to allow the product to work? Thank you!

13 Posts

Both machines are running 2.2.7 and both passed diagnostics.

13 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm using RDP to connect to both my Win7 and XP box. It is setup to allow any client to connect. The XP machine shows up under AutoDiscover no problem, but the Win7 machine never shows up.

925 Posts

Hi Ros, is it still an issue? Can you please launch your app . If it does not show up, Try signing out and sign in again on desktop and phone.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Ros, version of your companion on xp and win7? Right click on the companion and, see if there is any update. Also please run diagnostic. 
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

13 Posts

Just an update, I verified it's nothing on my network's side that is blocking it. I installed the client on an XP machine that's on the same VM host and I was able to connect to it successfully via autodiscover. It seems to be something with Windows 7. Neither machine is getting group policy or has AV installed.

13 Posts

It is still an issue. Ive logged out and logged in again on both win7 and iOS.

925 Posts

Ros,Are you connecting to xp via vnc or rdp? what is your computer remote settings set to on windows 7 . computer-properties-remote settings. Is it allow computers running from any version of rdp?
Thank you

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 06:00

Please Stop one of the companion(xp) and, see if win 7 pro shows up. Thanks!

13 Posts

August 11th, 2015 05:00

I just stopped all the machines and restarted just the Win7 machine. It still isn't showing up for some reason.

13 Posts

August 24th, 2015 03:00

I confirmed pocketcloud companion is indeed logged in on device. I do not have another machine with the same name and it's on my same gmail address. I'm using the default RDP address for Windows 7 - it's a base install of Windows 7 with nothing else on it.

925 Posts

Hi Ros, Did you login on pocketcloud companion? Please Right click on companion-autodiscovery settings and, see if login button is active or not.

Do you have another computer with the same name as this?
Are you using the same gmail address ?
Are you using a different port for rdp on your windows 7? Is it 3389?
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Ros, Just enable loopback connection on vnc server settings. Looks like rdp issue in the previous case. Will figure this out.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

13 Posts

I just loaded TightVNC, set a password, and logged off/on PocketCloud. It shows up on my list now, but I get disconnected immediately after I attempt to connect.

925 Posts

Hi ro, can you try installing tight vnc on windows7, logout from companion and login back. Does it show up now.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 24th, 2015 07:00

Hi Ros, Can you see your computer settings, which of the options is selected for remote desktop? computer-properties-remote desktop tab
please check your control panel-firewall-allow programs to communicate via firewall option. 
Please make sure rdp is included.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!